Are there no brown bikes anymore?

I'm pretty sure that the CB 500T I had was brown, though I painted it green (not Tenni Green).

It could be time for a brown comeback? Needs gold pin-striping of course.

a few years back I had a Suzuki Maurauder 800 and it came in two colors metallic blue and slightly metallic brown, needless to say I've never seen a brown one except for that one at the dealer. I know brown was bigger in the 70's-80's and I'm perfectly happy if it doesn't come back -_-

Brown...BROWN??? you have got to be kiddin' me. Perhaps the ONLY color to rival that PUTRID Tenni green :vomit: . It is no mistake, in my book, that the Tenni came with a brown seat to increase it's UGLY factor. Come over to THE DARK SIDE, BLACK is the new black! Van, sorry but I just had to say it. :lol: Hell, I know it borders on sacrilege, but I'm not that wild about RED. :o ...Ahhhh, I feel much better now...

The last 'sporty' browns I remember were the 1996 GSXR 750 and the 1999 Haybusa. The 750 was hit with the ugly stick twice, the color and the tail. The Hayabusa on the other hand, was beaten unmercifully with it...... :lol:

Hey, I'm a Suzuki guy, and I even owned a 'busa (Silver/Charcoal). Luckily they were great bikes!

The first Hayabusas weren't brown -- they were COPPER.

I first saw one at Road Atlanta, and I loved it.

Any shoe looks "richer" in brown than in black (retail memories...).

Brown is beautiful. The BROWN SEAT on the Tenni is easily its best feature.

All this from a guy who is decidedly ------- not brown....... :o

The first Hayabusas weren't brown -- they were COPPER.

I first saw one at Road Atlanta, and I loved it.

Any shoe looks "richer" in brown than in black (retail memories...).

Brown is beautiful. The BROWN SEAT on the Tenni is easily its best feature.

All this from a guy who is decidedly ------- not brown....... :o

My bad, you are correct! :homer: The 99 'busa had the same copper (or close) as the brown GSXR 750 had.

Both were one year only colors IIRC. They are aging better than I expected. Sentimentality, perhaps?

Cheers,

Steve

"Brown shoes don't get it."

Thank you Frank Z!

I used to work in a gas station (1st job; this was back at the beginning of the "self serve" revolution: guys had to pump their own at our discretion, but we still filled up for the ladies...)

One night, some loser in a brown Porsche pulled in. Mechanic's groupie [you know, one of the crowd who typically hung out bending the mechanics' ears while they were working] comes over & all agog goes "You know who that is? It's Eddie van Halen!"

Me, being not much of a fan of VH back then [hey, they were just some local guys I didn't care about who were beginning to hit the big time, not like they were Yes, or Led Zeppelin or The Who or somebody important, you know] I look over & say:

"O.K., I've heard of him. VH is an o.k. band. Pity about the car."

"What do you mean?" shoots back the other guy.

"Well, you'd think that with all that money he should be pulling in as a rock star, he could afford a new car."

"What do you mean?!? That car looks like it just rolled off the lot!"

"Nobody buys a brown sports car new..."

"Why not?"

"Because who wants to spend all that money to be seen driving a turd!?!" :lol:

Anyway, that's my "almost famous" brush w/ celebrity. Eddie van Halen may have had poor taste in choosing the color of his car, but he did o.k. when he married Valerie Bertinelli afaic... of course, that was a long time ago, when she was young & smokin' hot, & I had a huge letch for her! ;)

I think I'll paint my V-11's gas tank brown. Hmmm, maybe even add some wood panelling :D

In '71 I almost bought a Triumph Spitfiire, but the only color the dealer had was brown...but it was kinda cool now that I think about it. Now where is my paint gun ;)

"Because who wants to spend all that money to be seen driving a turd!?!" :lol:

Anyway, that's my "almost famous" brush w/ celebrity. Eddie van Halen may have had poor taste in choosing the color of his car, but he did o.k. when he married Valerie Bertinelli afaic... of course, that was a long time ago, when she was young & smokin' hot, & I had a huge letch for her! ;)

I always figured if they called VW bugs, 'beetles', the Brown Porsche 911 was a 'cockroach'.

Brown_911%20Phone%20Dials.jpg

Now if they only had made it match Valerie's pertty hair :wub:

Here is some eye candy, Honda 70's colors.

http://www.spookytoms.com/CB750-PaintColors.html

IMHO much nicer than any other decade.

Here is some eye candy, Honda 70's colors.

http://www.spookytoms.com/CB750-PaintColors.html

IMHO much nicer than any other decade.

:o There's a Pearl White! So, like they say, there's nothing new, it's all been done before.

That Porsche. It just needs the gold pin-striping. It would be fine.

Well, maybe some panels in burr Walnut

bech-iii-burr-walnut.jpg