I apologize for DeBenGuzzi

Well Ben you start something, and if you get a reply you close the topic???

What’s the problem with California? The have the most stringent pollution norms, and the biggest cars. And a movie star as governor. Looks pretty normal to me. Average American.

Well Ben you start something, and if you get a reply you close the topic???

What’s the problem with California? The have the most stringent pollution norms, and the biggest cars. And a movie star as governor. Looks pretty normal to me. Average American.

An Austrian-American actor-governor! How American is that?

My opinion: California tries a little too hard. I believe the word is "strident". Unfortunately I think this is an American characteristic but California is past its prime by 25 years and revealing itself to be the desert that it always has been. There are some exceptional places there but it is not the best of America.

My opinion: California tries a little too hard. I believe the word is "strident". Unfortunately I think this is an American characteristic but California is past its prime by 25 years and revealing itself to be the desert that it always has been. There are some exceptional places there but it is not the best of America.

I believe it was Woody Guthrie [Arlo's dad] who penned "California is the garden of eden... but don't come here if you ain't got the dough-re-mi!" ;)

In more ways than one, it is the "golden west." Or should I say "gilded?" It's a complex place, with a quality that's hard to define. Probably why one of my favorite movies [if not the favorite!] is L.A. Story. Simply brilliant satire, utterly silly to anyone who hasn't lived here, completely deadpan for anyone who has.

But I digress.

What was deBen apologizing for CA for? Did our fine state pull some bureaucratic blunder again?

An Austrian-American actor-governor! How American is that?

Not as American as Irish-American (or Ulster-Scots American).