Back in the fold

mikie

S3 ....is a v11 if u compare it with V7 sport

engine minor changes from sport to S3,...but three disks...another story.

I would go for the sport,...because I love my hair to get white...every time I brake :grin:

Nice! You can't beat a Tonti! Looks pretty original, what's the story?

KB :sun:

It belonged to a friend of mine who I used to ride with when I lived in Canada. He's decided he's too old to ride now (82) and phoned to ask if I wanted to buy this and the Daytona. Of course I said yes immediately. This bike was bought by my friend in '74 from the dealer who used it for a year as his personal bike. It's totally original and pretty much "show" quality. My friend also included some add-on's for the bike, including period correct hard luggage and mounts, windscreen and rack. Also driving lights, a workshop manual, and some NOS pieces he acquired "just in case". I always admired this bike when we rode in the 80's, so he gave me first crack at it for a reasonable price.

Sounds like a real gem :thumbsup: Great to know the bike & it's life. Daytona's a lovely little bike too, motor has a real sweet spot. Congratulations - I'm sure they've found a good home.

KB :sun:

Thanks for the good thoughts. Hadn't really thought of the V7 as a "Nero", although of course it is that color. A pic of it with a Nero Corsa would be cool - good idea, Frank. I'll probably not ride either of these classics nearly as much as I do my late model machines, but I'm looking forward to taking them to the various vintage bike rides we have in this area.

CIMG0517.JPG

Well, not exactly a V11; however, after a two year sojourn away from the ranks of the Guzzisti, I felt it was time to reutrn. So I got this.

THIS is what I was actually shopping for when I bought the Laverda.

Nice.