Laguna Seca Moto GP (now it's a spoiler)

Oh Man!!! What a great race, I CANNOT believe what those guys can do on those CRAZY fast bikes!!! I wish I had even a touch of the talent even the back of the field regularily demonstrates...:ninja::thumbsup: I just kept yellin' "Holy Shit, I can't believe he saved that!!!" at the TV :o ....

Rossi finally winning there and kissing the asphalt, Stoner and his Ducati overshooting a turn, getting off, getting up w/out stalling and still coming in 2nd way out in front..... WOW!!!!!!!!!

Rossi: "Great race."

Stoner: "No, you can't race this way."

Rossi: "That's racing, Casey."

Stoner: "That's racing? Ok, we'll see."

I believe the "doctor" performed surgery on Casey's brain yesterday ... with a hammer!

Anyone remember that pass Rossi made a couple of years back - moto-x style ... to win race in last corner?

Casey better get his head together. Rossi's finally got a competitive ride ... and he's a "bare knuckle" brawler. All the great ones are.

Rossi: "Great race."

Stoner: "No, you can't race this way."

Rossi: "That's racing, Casey."

Stoner: "That's racing? Ok, we'll see."

I believe the "doctor" performed surgery on Casey's brain yesterday ... with a hammer!

Anyone remember that pass Rossi made a couple of years back - moto-x style ... to win race in last corner?

Casey better get his head together. Rossi's finally got a competitive ride ... and he's a "bare knuckle" brawler. All the great ones are.

Pierre,

I think you are right but I'm holding onto hope Stoner will recover. I remember Gibernau and and Biaggi never recovered from the Doctor's treatments.

I recall the pass, Gibernau never seemed to come back to his old form afterwards.

Lex

I think Stoner is made of stonger stuff- remember he is the champ, and although Rossi truly whipped him, there are 8 races left and he is not the type to get pysched out, and not every circuit will avail itself to blocking tactics like Laguna and where Stoner can blast off into the distance he will.

Think its gonna be a close one even though Vale has the upper hand at the moment.

I think Stoner is made of stonger stuff- remember he is the champ, and although Rossi truly whipped him, there are 8 races left and he is not the type to get pysched out, and not every circuit will avail itself to blocking tactics like Laguna and where Stoner can blast off into the distance he will.

Think its gonna be a close one even though Vale has the upper hand at the moment.

Hear it right from the mouths of the protagonists: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...kes/7516510.stm

Lex, I share your hope. We need this kind of racing to continue for the rest of the season. And Grider, I agree with you ... Casey appears to be made of sterner stuff.

Just as Ali needed Frazier and Foreman to reveal his greatness, so too I think Rossi needs this kind of pressure from Stoner and ...? to do the same. You know Rossi is up for the challenge. I hope Stoner ... and maybe Pedrosa if he gets healthy quickly enough ... give Rossi all he can handle. Could be the best grand prix racing ever.

I can't wait.

great race - well til Stoner dumped it. Did Rossi trick him by braking early or Stoner went in too fast - former i think? shame about his whinging after the race - for sure Rossi messed up pass at corkscrew - but that was all I saw on our coverage. Stoner's bike is faster & Rossi knew he had to stay ahead anyway he could - one time holding the outside right round a left hander - as good as we'll ever see. stoner's still very young, & with a lot to learn but he's a great rider, & he had the grace to take Rossis hand on the podium & not keep up the sulk. He's more solid than Gibernau. Rossi's got his hands full I reckon - but he's one of the greatest racers we've ever seen (like Ayrton Senna was) - should be interesting. Wonder how it'd pan out if yamaha had a little more grunt...

Guest frankdugo

looks like bridgestone is dialed in now.thats why rossi wanted them so bad--he knew. don't think there is anything wrong with nicky&honda that getting rid of the michelins to give the bike and him a boost.malidin just keep's rollin along