fathers worst nightmare

Van

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Van, you, your son and family are in my prayers. k

Having been through a terrible accident that was caused for the same reason, I can feel both yours and your son's pain. Pass on to your son to never second guess his reactions leading up to and during the accident. Not to focus on what he could have done different. Trust me. I have a terrible target fixation problem due to my accident.

I know this might sound bad, but from experience. Don't Settle. Sue....... I chalked it up to a learning experience and will suffer the effects of the accident the rest of my life. I've been plenty out of pocket and I will never see that again.

I've started my 10 year old boy in the motorcycling hobby. First building and understanding and soon street riding. I hopefully will never go through the same experience as you have. Be strong for your son in his time of need.. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Richard Zimmerman

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note to let you know how well things can turn out..I was hit head on by a drunk driver in 1973, and my wife saw me get hit. The doctors told her I'd probably die, and that would be better because my head injuries were so bad(I was wearing a Snell helmet). After 3 days unconscious, and 9 months in a full leg cast, I steadily improved. The ability of the brain to repair itself is amazing! I have a 34 year career as a technician, I bicycle, row & jog, and except for my short leg & bad limp I'm as good as new. I believe that all the prayers that were said for me pulled me through. I will pray that your son heals up well and soon. God Bless you all. JK

To all you who have responded, a genuine and very heart felt THANK YOU.

Especially good to hear stories of personal tragedy and injuries that turned around and that you came back from those horific accidents, and injuries, and are now back in the saddle, riding your Guzzi's and enjoying life as it should be! It gives me great hope that my son's injuries won't be permanent, and that he to will one day be able to bounce back (today he was able to wiggle the toes of his left foot for the first time which is HUGE)!!!

I also believe that the amount of prayer, white light, positive energy, good vibes and thoughts, that has been sent our way has been a very real part of Toms healing.

The fact that this form is here and populated by some really nice people has been a Godsend to me, as it's allowed me to escape every now and then and to go back to the thing that we both shared, loved doing and got so much pleasure from.

Speaking of this form, Jaap, you are a very classy guy, thank you, Tom got the card and it is right at his bed side. He thought it was great that someone he didn't even know would send him a get well card, (and one with Ombonono Tenni at the Isle of Man on it.)

Thank you all :thumbsup:

Van

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I spoke to my son tonight and one of the things he was really stoked about was that he got a card from Rower307.

The card had pictures of a smashed bike and real words of encouragement from one who has been there and made a full recovery from a similar accident 35 years ago!! Tom was really excited as he has set a goal of trying to be able to stand (with help) and support his weight on his one good leg, and with a lot of determination, and hard work maybe take a step tomorrow. Toms gotten cards from Jaap, Garstad and Rower307 and can't believe that he's getting prayers, and wishes of recovery from guys he's never met and who's only link to him is that they ride the same bike as his dad. I've said this before and I'll say it again, thank you all who've sent your wishes to Tom, you guys make me proud to be Guzzi rider. You're a classy lot :thumbsup:

Van

When I was hospitalized 6 years ago, I also got a lot of support from the Guzzi community. Even though I only had my V11 for 5 months... E-mails, faxes, cards and even a t-shirt! It really helped me get through that shitty period.

Guzzi riders: +1000 !!! :thumbsup: