Norge pole vault device

gstallons

If anty of you own a Norge or know someone who does, you need to remove it NOW. I have heard of them dragging on l.h. turns. After reading my MGNOC newsletter that thing would be coming OFF! A member wrote in where he had a wreck from the centerstand catching or digging into the pavement and causing a bad wreck. The dealer did not install a shorter bumper on the stand with some new mods. The dealer went out of business and the owner went to the hospital. I would recommend removing the centerstand completely.

I have had some parking lot thrills with sidestands and I can't imagine a 50 mph pole vault like this...

If anty of you own a Norge or know someone who does, you need to remove it NOW. I have heard of them dragging on l.h. turns. After reading my MGNOC newsletter that thing would be coming OFF! A member wrote in where he had a wreck from the centerstand catching or digging into the pavement and causing a bad wreck. The dealer did not install a shorter bumper on the stand with some new mods. The dealer went out of business and the owner went to the hospital. I would recommend removing the centerstand completely.

I have had some parking lot thrills with sidestands and I can't imagine a 50 mph pole vault like this...

What issue of the News Letter ?

I have a Norge and have never scrapped the center stand, most owners shave a little off the rubber bumper so it doesn't hang quite that far down. There have been some stands that have loosened up on some early production one's but I never heard of one falling off causing a crash. My stand stays one.

This came from the latest issue October 2008 pg.4. Jack L.Thomas. The article never said the stand fell off. The problem was clearance when making a l.h. turn.

This notice I sent out was a caveat not an edict. If I owned a Norge I would go and look at it to see if I would want to chance this from happening. Contact J.Thomas and ask his advice.

I would hope Guzzi will address and correct this problem with NO cost to owners.Unlike the EXPLODING Scura clutch,which they have NEVER admitted publicly.No way owners should have to pay one penny to fix ala replacing the shock.Potential lethal screwups are inexcusable. :angry:

I'm curious what the full story is. I don't see how a center stand that drags the ground if you lean the bike over too far is a factory defect. They all tend to do that. Maybe there's more to the story, but any bike will crash if you lean it over too far.

Edit: Guzzi didn't do something stupid like put the pivot for the center stand at the back so that it swung down from the front?