Fifth South'n Spine Raid 2009

docc

South'n Spine Raid(ers) Five

. . . is shaping up for May 15-17, 2009.

Location TBA, probably along the I75 corridor in East Tennessee.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Posted by Bill Hagan on Dec 4, 2008):

Sent email; awaiting call back.

Kathi is excited about this, a state I find a bit troubling, actually. wink.gif

Hoping to be in Italy at the end of that month, and, even better, on a Guzzi in the Dolomites and Boden See area. The Raid will be a wonderful warm-up ... and practice session for grappa. One cannot be too ready. biggrin.gif

The only thing that could be better is if I can get her to see why I really need a new Griso "Tenni." helmet.gif

Bill

South'n Spine Raid(ers) Five

. . . is shaping up for May 15-17, 2009, at the Tapoco Lodge near Deal's Gap in North Carolina.

EDIT: Marsha Cody, at the Tapoco Lodge, said to email her with a phone number and she'll call you to make the reservations:

info@tapocolodge.com

Ms. Cody must have run a credit check on me or something; she never called back. :unsure:

Arff . . . no call here either. Perhaps our rep precedes us and we should go back to the Super8 in Athens. Er, I'm pretty sure all 'significant others' will be more, er, "comfortable" elsewhere.

No, really, "blue lights and sirens" aren't always part of the party. OK, usually, but not "always."

Arff . . . no call here either. Perhaps our rep precedes us and we should go back to the Super8 in Athens. Er, I'm pretty sure all 'significant others' will be more, er, "comfortable" elsewhere.

No, really, "blue lights and sirens" aren't always part of the party. OK, usually, but not "always."

The advantage to N.C. may be more than the "sun on our backs" for rides. OTOH, until you mentioned blue lights, had not considered that our pix (and bounties!) may be in local Tenn. constabularies, so maybe N.C. LEO's might buy our stories as they have not heard 'em before ... at least from us. :P

Seriously, as I have said, you are running this thing, and wherever you say works for Kathi and me. Looking forward to the ride.

Am considering, btw, bringing the EV instead. At 88K, it's never run better, and I have new YSS rear shocks that make it, if not a Norge, mighty fine, even in enthusiastic riding two-up in the pretzel roads. Besides, while not an animist, I do think I sense the EV muttering in a slightly bitchy tone that it does not like it that the Norge gets all the sexy trips while the EV has been relegated to commuting. ;)

Bill

P.S. The EV is, as you may recall, an "honorary" spine frame, having been BOM on this site when no one submitted and, as a joke, I suggested Luap make it BOM. She's very proud of that. :D

Bill_s_HDM_V11_EV.jpg

The advantage to N.C. may be more than the "sun on our backs" for rides. OTOH, until you mentioned blue lights, had not considered that our pix (and bounties!) may be in local Tenn. constabularies, so maybe N.C. LEO's might buy our stories as they have not heard 'em before ... at least from us. :P

Seriously, as I have said, you are running this thing, and wherever you say works for Kathi and me. Looking forward to the ride.

Am considering, btw, bringing the EV instead. At 88K, it's never run better, and I have new YSS rear shocks that make it, if not a Norge, mighty fine, even in enthusiastic riding two-up in the pretzel roads. Besides, while not an animist, I do think I sense the EV muttering in a slightly bitchy tone that it does not like it that the Norge gets all the sexy trips while the EV has been relegated to commuting. ;)

Bill

P.S. The EV is, as you may recall, an "honorary" spine frame, having been BOM on this site when no one submitted and, as a joke, I suggested Luap make it BOM. She's very proud of that. :D

Bill_s_HDM_V11_EV.jpg

You suggested it to WHO??? Kind of got the wrong forum there don't you Bill?

You suggested it to WHO??? Kind of got the wrong forum there don't you Bill?

Read 'em and weep, Okie. :P

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7393

I think you should, for your temerity and error, show up at the Raid. :D

Bill

Ms. Cody just called. She winters in Florida. Said they have 6 rooms left for that weekend. I reserved one.

Told her my best but absolutely SWAG was 10 folks needing 7 rooms, but I really had no clue, and that you were CINCRAID.

My thinking is that this place may have too few rooms for the group, but I defer, obviously, to your call.

Bill

P.S. EV, the former odd BOM here, is a stripped carcass on the lift, awaiting new clutch. Norge is running great. Both will be vying for Raid honors. ;)

It should be okay. We'll pair up and room together, share tools and otherwise cohort.

No one from North Carolina ever comes anyway. And if they do, we'll stay at their house! :P

EDIT:

I booked a room, but would consider taking over the "Economy Rooms" on the top floor of the lodge. Apparently all the cabins are spoken for already by 'another group.' I didn't ask if they could be Triumph riders or other surly sorts.

The top floor is four rooms with seven beds and two shared baths. Judging by our past venues, I'm not sure anyone but the Hagans take a bath, and they have their own room outside of the steerage class.

It should be okay. We'll pair up and room together, share tools and otherwise cohort.

No one from North Carolina ever comes anyway. And if they do, we'll stay at their house! :P

EDIT:

I booked a room, but would consider taking over the "Economy Rooms" on the top floor of the lodge. Apparently all the cabins are spoken for already by 'another group.' I didn't ask if they could be Triumph riders or other surly sorts.

The top floor is four rooms with seven beds and two shared baths. Judging by our past venues, I'm not sure anyone but the Hagans take a bath, and they have their own room outside of the steerage class.

I am a bit worried that Kathi did not seem the least bit troubled by your first sentence. :unsure:

I will cross-post this over on guzzitech, gaguzzirider, and wildgoose sites. Naturally, I'll make it clear that it'll be priority admission to spine-frames ... or anyone who brings decent whisky. It's probably premature and a bit risky to mention the initiation rite. :D

Bill