Modifications in 2008 - What did you do ?

jenslh

About a year ago, I remember thinking that it would be rather quiet in the garage in 2008, because I had no ideas or plans for further modifications of the Sporti.

I just summed up the actual modifications from 2008, and it seemed like it wasn’t a bad year after all :-)

- TomTom Rider 2 GPS

- My16M Mk3 ECU

- Carbon fibre valve covers

- Choke lever relocation

- LED rear light

- HID Bi-Xenon head light

- Inside coating of gas tank

Pictures and text here:

http://guzzitech.dk/10/1100%20Sport/1100Sport_e.htm

You need to scroll to the bottom to see 2008 mods.

As usual, I have no new projects for 2009 – but something will probably pop up.....

Anybody else with recent interesting Moto Guzzi modifications?

Hi, my fellow Dane :-)

as always very descriptive info from you, Jens, and your mods look the dog's danglies. I also had thoughts about changing the POOR headlight for a xenon system but bailed out when I heard that it wasn't road legal here in Denmark.

So what's up with my Scura for 2009? Well, being a lanky fellar I'm far from happy with the OEM tank and seat so I'm having a chat with John Williams from the Tank Shop (www.thetankshop.com). I've talked with John several times but he didn't have a V11 frame to work on. Enter Guy AKA Guzzirider who's been up visiting John in Scotland. It turns out that John at last has a V11 frame in house so now it's time for a little treat :D Haven't told wifey yet but I figure some flowers can do the trick.... As for a new colour scheme I'm having some wild and crazy ideas in my head but I'm keeping them for myself. Also looking for new rearset as I'm sititng like a cramped frog due to my long legs.

Cheers

Søren

in 2008 -

new fairing - rosso corsa one :)

new exhausts - Leo Vince SBK

new tires - Michelin Pilot Sport

KN filter in original airbox

Power commander installed

in 2009?

right now complete new paint (very tasty it will be)

new tires - Pirelli diablo strada + some slicks

new exhausts - Mistral aluminium round

new KN pods - no airbox modification

front susspension rebuilt

If I sold it right away and add money I'd spent in modifications I would have new Rosso Corsa in garage :D

Hello Jens

All things very nice, where did You get the carbon fibre valvecovers?

Robban

Bought them second hand in Germany.

Note that this is a unique set - the only pair ever made. I know of a small production of carbon fibre valve heads made some years ago, but they were from a different mould without the Moto Guzzi logo cast in.

In my pair, someone took the time and effort to make a negative form from an original set of valve heads, and mould/bake the carbon fibre into it. Must have been time consuming / expensive......

Note that this is a unique set - the only pair ever made.

Hmm, I don't really agree

These covers were available several years ago by Stein Dinse. I still have the catalog and will look this evening what they costed new.

At the mean time,

my specifications for 2008-2009;

carbon valve covers !!! but another mould (which I like more but that's about taste)

Akrapovic muffler

Ohlins shock

all still in progress

Hmm, I don't really agree

These covers were available several years ago by Stein Dinse. I still have the catalog and will look this evening what they costed new.

As far as I know, the Stein Dinse Covers was without the Moto Guzzi Logo, but I'll check the catalouges tonight too :D

Regardless of manufacturer or quantity made, those valve covers are beautiful.

In 2008 I did the Marvic wheels, Pirelli Diablos (170 rear) and a headlamp relay. Other than that it was just fine tuning.

I recently bought a 2007 Tuono R. Looks like my modification $ are headed elsewhere this year. I originally thought I would have to sell the LeMans. But as of now I'm keeping her. :bike:

2008: It was a good year for my bike !

Oberon fuel cap

CRG levers

New rear pads

Alpina wheels/ Pirelli Diablo tires

Moto Guzzi rear luggage rack & bag

Roper (sloppage sheet) windage tray

Aprillia mirrors

FWIW If there is not a total economic collapse or nuclear annihalation I AM GOING TO BUY MORE JUNK !

Don't know if prices were for a pair or just one!

(DM 298,00 = about 179 eur)

I got to admit that you may be right and the covers can well be from Stein Dinse - what year is your Stein Dinse catalouge ?

The only carbon covers I have seen from Stein Dinse was pictured on the front page of the 2005 catalouge (They were not even mentioned inside the catalouge). These covers was original shape, but without the logo.

I bought the covers from a Le Mans 3 where everything was home made in carbon, so the seller and I assumed that the valve covers was one-off too.

It's not important - I've never seen another pair like this for sale in the 10 years I've beenn riding Guzzi's, so they are still pretty rare.

And nice to the eye :rolleyes:

Carbon-valve-cover.jpg

I have made a few cosmetic alterations to my V11 last year:

379 dead flies attached to headlight / forks

Black "stealth" clutch fuid

Scrappy bits of silver duct tape to waterproof the bottom tail piece

Shagged rear tyre

Special one off no action speedo needle

Black "stealth" K & N filter pods

Cost me nowt!

Bling Bling!!

This page was scanned from the 1997 catalog.

And you're right, they are very rare and indeed pretty mjammie :food:

Mine looks just like these:

I haven't started the engine yet but I assume the tictictic of the valvetrain will be some more noticeable, or not?

3174963738_73670bab04_b.jpg

That's a beautiful bike you have there Jens.

I didn't do a whole lot to my bike in '08. I added Ballabio handlebars, Buell footpegs, MG luggage rack, headlight relays, and messed around with suspension tuning and PCIII mapping. I've already begun my 09 tinkering by installing Motobits foot controls thanks to my wife/Santa. One more change is in the works then I hope to be done for a while.