Clutch damage

Admin Jaap

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

Cause unknown, rider is okay. He told me that if your clutch starts to rattle more than usual or makes clunky noises, open it's guts and check!

After this damage the german owner is so fed up with it, he'll take offers on the complete bike as is ('02 Scura) or parts. (Sorry Paul)

Contact him here: rolandweinberger@t-online.de

Because he repaired an oil leak at the rear of the gear box(that his dealer failed to fix), he doesn't get warranty anymore:-(

You've got to be kidding...

How would that affect the clutch/flywheel assy? If there's no connection how does that void the warranty?

How many miles? What happened? Scura clutches are hellish noisy anyhow...

Oh for @#!#$#'s sake...

KB, Wales, suddenly less sunny :(

Because he repaired an oil leak at the rear of the gear box(that his dealer failed to fix), he doesn't get warranty anymore:-(

Oh good god.... and we thought MGNA was bad :blink: That's ridiculous. I'd give up on MG too if they told me that :finger:

BTW, I believe(correct me if I'm wrong) that the Scura and Tenni had the new single plate lightweight clutch. Mike Rich was telling me that Guzzi was having a lot of wear problems, and a few grenades out of these. His words were, "...this will be another bubbling paint warrantee issue before long."

When I was talking about lightening the drivetrain, he warned me against these clutches. He said the tried-and-true heavier clutches that are standard are more durable.

...maybe this fella is a victim of that new clutch :huh2:

Poor guy :unsure:

Now if the leak he repaired required him to move the input shaft, or if he froze up the gearbox by leaving a wrench in the gearbox, Guzzi may have a case, if not, he should threaten to take them to court, and if they do not budge, he should take them to court.

If this was in the US, this would be a piece of cake for him to win.

Jaap/Paul,

Can you get any more details off the man? Was the problem any way attributable to his fix? Is he on the German V11 site...anyone speak German?

Anyone else seen anything like this?

KB, Wales (with single plate clutch :()

This poor guy not alone.

One of my friend had nearly the same trouble with his scura 02.

The clutch brake and damage the gearbox casing but not the engine.

By chance he was riding slowly & don't hurt.

Guzzi replace complete gearbox + clutch .

To my knowledge Guzzi has now stopped to put some single disk clutch on the special / limited editions.

By the way he also have since the first days with his scura :

1 time gearbox leaking ,

2 times gearbox spring broken ,

1 time rear join crankcase leaking so a new clutch ,

1 time clutc brake so new gearbox , clutch ...

another time gearbox spring broken with new gearbox ,

that's all now :-((

He bought a Le Mans III after this and Guzzi make him an offer to replace the bike by a new one for a reasonable price

One off the other issues this guy faced, was the rear wheel bearings broke, also during driving. So two times he got away without personal damage, he will never try a guzzi again I think.

I didn't know until this thing that the scura's has the single plate clutch, I thought it was only the rosso mandello.

Hi from Australia. I've owned a lot of Guzzi's, I can handle the usual little bugs - however when it may be putting your life at risk, it's a whole new ball game. Surely, all owners of single plate models should be sent a recall notice to have the problem rectified - or does someone have to be injured first?

Hmmmmm the 1000S may have to come out of mothballs....

Tenni 02/150 owner.