Not the 8V Cam & Tappets thread

belfastguzzi

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I think Piaggio, and all engineers, are perfect. It had to be a vendor who screwed the pooch. I hasten to add that it could not have been the engineers at the vendor who screwed said pooch. No it was just "somebody" at the vendor, though we do not even know that a vendor made those tappets, yet some just can't think that is not de facto truth that an anonymous vender—and certainly the vendor had to be in Mandello, since mistakes could only be made in Mandello—, in which case Piaggio really did screw the pooch, but, still, it could not possibly have been and engineer at Piaggio. I just wanted to say that for the record . . . since all here will only listen to empirical facts . . .

For the record, I think Piaggio, and all engineers, are perfect. It had to be a vendor who screwed the pooch. I hasten to add that it could not have been the engineers at the vendor who screwed said pooch. No it was just "somebody" at the vendor, though we do not even know that a vendor made those tappets, yet some just can't think that is not de facto truth that an anonymous vender—and certainly the vendor had to be in Mandello, since mistakes could only be made in Mandello—, in which case Piaggio really did screw the pooch, but, still, it could not possibly have been and engineer at Piaggio. I just wanted to say that for the record . . . since all here will only listen to empirical facts . . .

Please see below an example of a 12 year old Piaggio 'Engineer', 're-designing' the Scura clutch for RAM. I tried to find one of the 'Scroll Beeltes' and 'Fiscal Geniuses' who took the decision to replace AC3 Bearings in the five speed with ATN9's and purchase 8V tappets from 'Wottalotacrap Pizzeria and Nitriding Works' but they're hiding at the moment. I'll ferret 'em out and post later. Enjoy!

baboonbum.jpg

Pete

Pete, is this the front or the rear?

Antonio! That's not Pete!

Is it?

Edit: Apologies, it is Pete. I see that he has captioned the photo with his name.

But I thought that he has webbed feet?

Who cares? I'm going in whichever!!!

In the first post, when I said, 'Enter here'

I didn't mean......

Any new info, opinions etc.

Enter here:

"Are there streaks of leaking oil running down the side of the engine?

This indicates an oil leak."

Possibly the most enlightening thing I have ever read here.

In that case, I'll re-open the topic.

Or should I post the whole thing in Tech Topics?

We aim to please.

BTW

if you see streaks of oil running down your tyre, it's an indication that you've got one of those tyres that are made from 70% oil. I think they're called slicks, in the trade.

If you see streaks of plasticiser running down your tyre – run!

Nobody will know what you are talking about if you don't spell it properly.

Don't you think zat I took zat into konciderashun?

eye tee

• 2 weeks later...

Pete was right about the stupid thing from guzzi about only flushing the oil after recall work.

In Germany a Stelvio owner, got no letter from Guzzi. At 8200km he got the recall work done, and the tapets were smaller then they should.

After another 5200 km the engine stopped, after the dealer looked, it was clear severe damage was there. The oilpump had gotten the debris from the cams, and was worn, so not enough oil pressure. The big-end shells were toasted. A Moto Guzzi reprensenatative looked at the engine, and he gets a new engine.

Pleuel1.jpg

Pleuel2.jpg