Not the 8V Cam & Tappets thread

belfastguzzi

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, when did I say this? I'm really curious where this idea comes from. Is it my bad english or is it something on your side?

I told BFG not to fight the Guzzi/Piaggio windmills, instead he should better fetch and run the bike as long as it is still under warranty. That's what this German guy obviously did and, according to Paul, he now has a new engine. (I deliberately underlined the keywords this time. Maybe a more visual aproach makes the content of the text better understandable.)

:moon:

Hubert

Thanks for posting that Paul.

On a different matter, I ordered some other parts under warranty, two months ago. There is still absolutely no sign of them!

I guess it has to do with your dealer. The guy above made similar experiencies with his dealer. So far more or less all solutions for the problems he'd experienced with his Stelvio were solved by a Guzzi technician, not by his dealer. The german importer seems to be very agile in such things.

BTW, the Mana that he's actually got came without any restrictions concerning useage or mileage or other things.

Hubert

Thanks for posting that Paul.

On a different matter, I ordered some other parts under warranty, two months ago. There is still absolutely no sign of them!

God's teeth! The longest I've EVER had to wait for stuff from Italy is about five weeks! I'm at the arse end of the earth for God's sakes! OK, if it is something really *odd* you're waiting for? Maybe, but I doubt it can be.

Mind you I reckon I'm probably the only service agent or dealer in the country with the possible exception of MArio in Perth who has stuff like a vclutch plate for the new single plate clutch in stock and stuff like 8V rocker cover gaskets, throttle cables etc. :rolleyes:

Pete

God's teeth! The longest I've EVER had to wait for stuff from Italy is about five weeks! I'm at the arse end of the earth for God's sakes! OK, if it is something really *odd* you're waiting for? Maybe, but I doubt it can be.

Mind you I reckon I'm probably the only service agent or dealer in the country with the possible exception of MArio in Perth who has stuff like a vclutch plate for the new single plate clutch in stock and stuff like 8V rocker cover gaskets, throttle cables etc. :rolleyes:

Pete

No nothing 'special'.

Because of the whole shoddy mess, I thought that I might as well claim for the substandard parts that I was just going to put up with:

• the display of course, which fogs up with condensation so that the info along the bottom half of display can't be seen

• the silvered plastic-work which is all covered in a rash of rough dimples – headlight bowl and dash display cover.

No nothing 'special'.

Because of the whole shoddy mess, I thought that I might as well claim for the substandard parts that I was just going to put up with:

• the display of course, which fogs up with condensation so that the info along the bottom half of display can't be seen

• the silvered plastic-work which is all covered in a rash of rough dimples – headlight bowl and dash display cover.

What you need is a nice new British bike! At least you can easily find someone to punch if it goes wrong!