Soft Panniers for V11 sport?

NakedV

Anyone found any decent soft panniers that will fit the standard V11s without fouling the exhausts? Not after leather/leatherlook as will not suit the bike. Was thinking along the lines of throw overs in a modern waterproof cloth. Cheers, Mike.

i've used the Oxford First Time ones along with the First Time tail pack.

Have found that you have to have all the straps running over the top of the seat unlike the instructions which states that for safety and security two of the three connecting straps run under the seat . The seat pan on the V11 makes this a total pain.

I have used the tail pack more than the panniers and have had a long weekends worth of clothes, camera equipment and walking boots in it.

Get your bike down to a local hein gericke or one of the other bike gear shops and try a few for size and ease of fitting.

I bought the givi set for my Scura and my daughter bought the Cortech set for her Duc. In the end, we switched each others out because of the fit. I have Ti pipes and the Cortech works great. (btw, Cortech is just way better made)

see pics of givi on her old Monster 750, during our trip to Canada, pic taken in Watertown, NY

see pic of cortech on the Rune

hope this helps

Saint

DSC08741small.jpg

CIMG7022small.jpg

Cortech makes a set of soft bags designed for sport bikes--called "sport saddlebags". They fit my V11 very well, no clearance problems with the cans. They are well made and reasonably priced. Cortech also makes a seat bag that attatches to the saddlebags with snaps. All first class stuff.

Another Cortech Sport user here. I tried them on my bike at a local dealer to make sure they cleared my high-mount exhaust cans before I bought them. If not for the high pipes I might have gone for larger panniers, or even one of those U-shaped duffels like RevPack makes.

Cortech Sport bags on my bike:

DSCN1159.jpg

DSCN1160.jpg

DSCN1162.jpg

I got mine from Agostini. They fit perfect,I can remove and install them easily.The instructions say to relocate the turn signals which I didn't. The price of shipping was another thing altogether.

when it was all said and done,they are worth the price.

Another Cortech Sport user here. I tried them on my bike at a local dealer to make sure they cleared my high-mount exhaust cans before I bought them. If not for the high pipes I might have gone for larger panniers, or even one of those U-shaped duffels like RevPack makes.

Cortech Sport bags on my bike:

DSCN1159.jpg

DSCN1160.jpg

DSCN1162.jpg

Cheers Tom. They look the bizz, with the added advantage that Sam can perch on top of the saddle top bag and see wherte we are going :lol::lol: Will have to see who stocks 'em over here, Regards, Mike & Sam.

Tom M: is there some rack mounted or it is just pure bag?

No rack in those pictures but I do have the MG rack now.

In those pics the bags are slung over the seat cowl to keep them off of the exhaust cans. I don't think you could use them without a rack if you were carrying a passenger, but I could be wrong about that.

The Cortech bags have very good padding to protect the paint. They haven't left a mark on my bike, but I've only used them a few times. You can see details on the bags including the padding here:

http://www.newenoughhp.com/browse/view_product_images/158

I use the Tekno bags which mount on a steel frame. I usually leave the frame off and install it for a couple of months in the summer when I take a few trips. The bags expand to twice there own size and hold enough stuff. They work really well and its nice to be able to just unhook the bags and carry them into the hotel or tent.

Hal

DSCF6029.jpg

I've got the factory Teckniks , which I haven't used, and a Ventura that I have. The Ventura system is nice in that it can be used with other bikes as long as you buy the mounting kit, and isn't noticed when riding. Two buckles unhook the entire bag, so it's very easy on and off, and it holds about as much as two average soft sidebags. It does make for caution when moving at a parking-lot pace - the bike gets top heavy and can tend to tip over (do not ask me how I know). The US distributor is very accommodating; good people to work with.

I've got the factory Teckniks , which I haven't used, and a Ventura that I have. The Ventura system is nice in that it can be used with other bikes as long as you buy the mounting kit, and isn't noticed when riding. Two buckles unhook the entire bag, so it's very easy on and off, and it holds about as much as two average soft sidebags. It does make for caution when moving at a parking-lot pace - the bike gets top heavy and can tend to tip over (do not ask me how I know). The US distributor is very accommodating; good people to work with.

TIMMMBBBBEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!