Top end work, 1100 Sport

raz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you buy there? There is still this great Italian shop, with another owner now, but probably still fast, reliable and not too pricey. The biggest advantage is: they do not sell products with an -Z order number.

Hubert

Why do you buy there? There is still this great Italian shop, with another owner now, but probably still fast, reliable and not too pricey. The biggest advantage is: they do not sell products with an -Z order number.

Hubert

I appreciate the -Z suffixed part numbers (german third-part alternatives) as long as I can choose when I want them or not. Sometimes cheaper, sometimes better. In this case, they don't use the -Z number but apparently they ship non-OEM parts anyway.

?

I take it he means Agostini's in Mandello.

Thanks, I also got confirmation from Moto-Mecca that they have the correct 1.2 mm ones. But their price for one gasket is €13.10 while Stucchi is €5.25... I need to compare a bunch of prices!

• 1 month later...

(moved this to this thread from Tom's one)

How are you coming on your rebuild?

I'm just patiently waiting for parts. The head guy will k-line my guides and deck the head 1 mm, as well as refresh my plug threads as they were molested by a PO. The cam guy is regrinding my cam to stock profile, Hubert was kind enough to lend me a better one to use as master. I got new piston rings from Greg and correct gaskets from Stucchi. And lots of other goodies are waiting now, like an oil pressure gauge, LSL steering damper, new LED tail light and whatnot :xmas:

FWIW my valves were fine, even the exhausts, after 72,000 kms. Maybe Guzzi were out of cheese that day.

• 2 weeks later...