Paging Martin Barret

Admin Jaap

A few weeks ago Luhbo asked me if I had heared anything from Martin Barret lately. I've sent him 2 e-mails, but did not get a reply. To be honest, I'm a bit worried as he hasn't been on the forum since early november '09

Has anybody heared from him?

Funny I was thinking the same the other day. He used have his photo in the MGCGB magazine Gambalunga quite often when he was attending the Herts branch meals, but he has not been mentioned or pictured recently.

I used to have his mobile number but lost it when I changed phones- think BFG used to have his number too.

P.S. I have posted a message in the guestbook of the Herts and Beds branch.

Funny I was thinking the same the other day.

Yes, so was was I.

I know that he was occupied by other, family things.

And that his V.11 was disintegrating before our eyes.

Perhaps he washed it and it just came apart and ran down the drain?

I had a phone number for him but can't find it anywhere. Tried googling him but didn't come up with anything - Found Martin Barrett scored a powerful header in Stevenage Sunday league - but think that was a red herring (Martin likes to keep the ball on the floor). I posted on the MGCGB site asking after him. Like BFG says - he has a lot of family commitments - bike probably taking a back seat. Hi Martin - hope you're doing well. KB :sun:

I had a phone number for him but can't find it anywhere. Tried googling him but didn't come up with anything - Found Martin Barrett scored a powerful header in Stevenage Sunday league - but think that was a red herring (Martin likes to keep the ball on the floor). I posted on the MGCGB site asking after him. Like BFG says - he has a lot of family commitments - bike probably taking a back seat. Hi Martin - hope you're doing well. KB :sun:

Didn't he work as a PC ["Bobby"]? If so, maybe they've got him busy on house-to-house searches for pointy kitchen knives; I understand they've recently been outlawed in the UK [to make folks safer from themselves you know... :rolleyes:]

;)

I hope he's well, I remember him being someone whose posts I enjoyed...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I just called Martin's home & he's at work, spoke with his wife, says everything's fine. His bike's "not working" at the moment. She's given him my number.

Thanks!

Good to know he's doing OK.