WHAAAAaaaaaaaaat?

Reference: Quiz 2010

Repeated requests to be awarded a point as the supplier of the correct answer to this quiz have been ignored. I have been the butt of cruel jokes, my purpoise has been distorted & it has even been suggested that I was being puberal. But my quest remains... pointless.

KB :sun:

I'd post something but I can't remember anything. I don't even know how I found this site :huh2:

Woohoo! TXR resurfaces in time for a few more of his inimitable posts before hurricane season begins! Get'em while they're hot, folks! ;)

Good to have you back, Tex! :thumbsup:

Reference: Quiz 2010

my purpoise has been distorted & it has even been suggested that I was being puberal.

PORPOISE

and leave the poor thing alone

Guest ratchethack

The more you think you know, the less objective you are

The more facts you find, you forget or dismiss the ones that don't agree with you

The more you pound a point to death, the less everyone else listens.

it is just a theory mind you. :whistle:

Say DeBen

Here are a few simple historically supported principles, with examples, and a reference to an old folk tale containing a few timeless and valuable lessons once learned well by many children throughout Western civilization, which today are unknown, unrecognizable, (and incomprehensible) to many adults, due to the ravages of The Great Dumbing-down.

1. The more ignorant you are, the less objectivity you’re capable of. Examples:

Children of all ages, drop-outs, fools, lemmings, and rats of all species.

2. The less facts you’re capable of understanding and correctly evaluating without benefit of education, wisdom and common sense, the less capable you are at discerning truth from fiction. Examples:

3. Whether fact, folly, or any designer combo thereof -- the more simple phrases, bumper stickers, sound bites, and magical tunes are repeated to children of all ages, drop-outs, fools, lemmings, and rats of all species, the greater the conformity and compliance achievable in their behavior. Examples:

Marx, Goebbels, Obama, and the Pied Piper of Hamlin Town (der rattenfanger von Hameln).

post-1212-12672861467029_thumb.jpg

der rattenfanger von Hameln

(1284 A.D.)

Say DeBen

Here are a few simple historically supported principles, with examples, and a reference to an old folk tale containing a few timeless and valuable lessons once learned well by many children throughout Western civilization, which today are unknown, unrecognizable, (and incomprehensible) to many adults, due to the ravages of The Great Dumbing-down.

1. The more ignorant you are, the less objectivity you’re capable of. Examples:

2. The less facts you’re capable of understanding and correctly evaluating without benefit of education, wisdom and common sense, the less capable you are at discerning truth from fiction. Examples:

3. Whether fact, folly, or any designer combo thereof -- the more simple phrases, bumper stickers, sound bites, and magical tunes are repeated to children of all ages, drop-outs, fools, lemmings, and rats of all species, the greater the conformity and compliance achievable in their behavior. Examples:

Marx, Goebbels, Obama, and the Pied Piper of Hamlin Town (der rattenfanger von Hameln).

der rattenfanger von Hameln.jpg

der rattenfanger von Hameln

(1284 A.D.)

Alright, For how much reading you've obviously done, and book smarts you think you have, I don't see why youre so obtuse to anything outside your own right wing (hiding in left wing clothes) agenda. I think you go out of your way to ignore everything printed in opposition to your spewing on here. I don't think anyone needs or likes or cares for a reminder of all the skewed in your direction statistics or "bad science" you keep posting which is always 100% off topic, I dear say what if everything you've learned is wrong, then who is ignorant?

I'm reminded of the Adolf Hitler Nazi party, Philip IV the Fair, The Spanish inquisition, The McCarthy hearings, The cold war. I dear say this is nothing new but why its on a Moto Guzzi motorcycle forum sure beats the PISS OUTTA ME.

Guest ratchethack

. . .[incomprehensible]. . . I'm reminded of the Adolf Hitler Nazi party, Philip IV the Fair, The Spanish inquisition. . . The McCarthy hearings, The cold war. . .

Mighty curious, DeBen. Have you been reading dlaing posts lately? :rolleyes: OK, I can see how my post above brought to mind the Nazi Party and Adolf, since Goebbels was his Propaganda Minister -- but Philip IV The Fair, The Spanish Inquisition, The McCarthy hearings and the Cold War?! :wacko:

. . .what if everything you've learned is wrong, then who is ignorant?

Well you got me on that one^, DeBen. :lol: And wot, otherwise? :huh: Have you found anything in particular that I've posted that you believe is wrong, and if so, on wot basis, exactly? Rather than slinging great wallopping vague accusations, please be as specific as possible?

. . .obtuse to anything outside your own right wing (hiding in left wing clothes) agenda. . .

Now there's a choice of words that's left some mighty strange tracks, DeBen. . . :huh2:

Wot seems to be the trouble here? Don't you have any pigeon-holes for dismissing "agendas" beyond your understanding, other than Right Wing and Left Wing, DeBen? Please do tell more about this deceitfully camouflaged agenda of mine, won't you?

100% off topic, I dear say. . . this is nothing new but why its on a Moto Guzzi motorcycle forum sure beats the PISS OUTTA ME.

Off topic?!?! :not: I dear [sic] say you might have an idea why it's on a Moto Guzzi motorcycle forum, DeBen -- since you opened this thread. :doh: D'you figure your posts and all the rest here are on topic, yet mine aren't? In case you missed this, my post above was a reply to yours, point by point. :whistle:

Thanks, Ben. This has been amusing.

HatchetWacker, do ya think that maybe the "off topic" reference was referring to your habit of dragging political opinions and propaganda into threads that are not of a political nature to begin with?

I'm just sayin....

Some people can't see the forest for the trees, and some of those peoples reaction is to cut the trees down so they can see the forest.

Guest ratchethack

Thanks, Ben. This has been amusing.

HatchetWacker, do ya think that maybe the "off topic" reference was referring to your habit of dragging political opinions and propaganda into threads that are not of a political nature to begin with?

I'm just sayin....

Some people can't see the forest for the trees, and some of those peoples reaction is to cut the trees down so they can see the forest.

Say Quazimodo

Have you noticed that EVERYTHING that isn't yet, is rapidly becoming political lately? You can't openly discuss fuel, oil, or the weather -- a few items generally pretty important to moto riders on an everyday basis -- without heavy political implications and risk of censure on this Forum.

Then there's government regulated emissions and noise restrictions that are always a constant topic on every moto forum. The first thing that generally gets done with any new moto is to take off all the expensive, heavy, restrictive enviro-garbage you paid for, (both with your cash up-front, and long before and ever since with your taxes), throw it away, and make modifications just to make it run halfway decently (without creating any measurable addition to pollution of any kind). I don't know wot kind of a hypocrite you might be, Quazi, -- scratch that -- I've got a pretty good idea. :rolleyes: But does this make ANY sense to you, and what part of the trend here has escaped your attention for the last 30+ years? :moon:

Here's a clue for you -- I didn't make everything political. Everything IS political. But unlike yourself, I'm not afraid to be up front and candid (blunt if you like) about what's happening here to our entire sport, either. You see, I'm not much interested in how many lack any historical perspective wotsoever, and are so dumbed-down and conditioned by propaganda -- same today as it was in Germany in the early '30's and in Russia a century ago -- that they are "offended" by the truth. <_<

Nor am I all that concerned about how many here are so dense that they couldn't tell the difference between the truth and a lie if the lie bit 'em on the @$$ -- repeatedly, daily, for decades -- as it already does. The woods 'r full of 'em. :glare:

And I don't much care if you don't notice wot's going on around you, either, Quazi. You seem like the kind who could easily drop into any open manhole at any time, and no one would much notice. But I reckon being POLITICALLY CORRECT (that is, silent) about the absurdity we're all forced to pay for in so many ways here on a regular basis is idiotic, despite how many fools don't give a $h!te, and blindly get in line to follow the Pied Piper. If you have any notions about any of this NOT getting lots worse before it has any chance of getting better, you're a bigger fool than the next.

Thats the thing, The Nazi party referrence is obvious to you then I'll skip it, Philip the fair used lies, fear and propaganda to assure his agenda, The spanish inquisition took anyone who didn't agree with them and used tortured until they did or died. What was more political in nature but wrapped up in hate mongering fanaticism than the McCarthy hearings? The cold war used lies and pride to rally people and money to both sides, I think you can see where I'm going with this that global warming, oil, peta, whatever the F, its all BS to the normal man. I could give a rats a$$. I goto work, support my family, and on good days ride my motorcycle. I feel I'll live longer if I don't give two shts over what politician said what to who when over who gives a crap. The key point is that your political manifesto you are trying to make us read has no place here, everyone already knows al gore is a dumbass, and so is GWB, there is no winner in these mostly one man debates you keep having

all I have to say is, wtf happened to my flying cars? we were promised flying cars by as late as 1985, I hold you personally responsible for all this. I would site my sources but I'm too lazy and don't give a fk. The humor to all this is that on some things I agree with you but I would never admit it(again), its not the info its the way you present it that makes me hate you.