Dry Clutch Noise 2004 V11

c20500

My nearest M.G. dealer,SPEEDAWAY M/CYCLES,Black Heath.Birmingham.

Don't know what the general reputation is like but as my closest dealer I spend a lot of time there and get all my parts from them.They are v.friendly and a good laugh as well.

Andy Roo.

Telford eh? Half a lifetime ago I was deputy officer in charge of a kids home in Wolverhampton and lived in Albrighton for a while. I still think the Museum of the Industrial Revolution or whatever itys called in Ironbridge/Telford is one of the best 'Living Museums' in the country. Nearly bought a house in Telford back then, then we moved back to Oz. I can't say i regretted the decision. :D Beautiful countryside in Shropshire though.

Pete

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, okay, I was just warned via telephone by the old owner of my new bike (a 2002 V11 Lemans, on it's way to me now) not to soil myself when I hear the clutch noise - after reading this I think I am a little less likely to do so. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Actually after reading all this, I do have a question regarding the noise my '02 V11 makes.

Around 2200rpm to 2800rpm it makes a noise akin to a couple of marbles rattling in a tin can, not that loud but only seems to happen under gentle or no load. Goes away after 3K rpm. Is this normal gearbox rattle that is being discussed?

• 1 year later...
This is the percussion section of the orchestra. It's the signature of a single pin crank, 90-degree V-twin motor with a 270-430 degree firing order.

My engine use the more sensible 270-450 which tend to be much smoother ^_^

Thank Goodness, my head was starting to hurt from trying to force the math.