Scura R, how many was made?

Scura R

Hi Ketil!

hm... Dvouval.com (dvouval means V-twin in slang and it is our page for twins only)

It is correct, only 2 ScuraR were imported to Czech. One is sitting for years in Czech Guzzi dealer's shop and one is in personal collection.

rare bike i guess :) Beautifull anyway.

here you can read preview in czech

as well as small error in xbox which caused noise up to 120db

20100330130835-9054_jpg_resize_1000x830__type_jpg_.jpg

regards from Czech!

Slavek

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Some members on the http://forum.animaguzzista.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11634&start=960 say only about 20 was made.

But, what makes it a Scura R, is really nothing more than the combination of black paint, red stickers and some red vinyl.

And I love it!

According to a very reputable source, the exact number of Scura R produced when Piaggio acquired Moto Guzzi after Aprilia's bankruptcy (and subsequent end of production) is only.........

only..........

only..........

Pretty hard to open a registry, huh?

Anyway, 2 of them are owned by members of that forum (one is the sincerely yours here....), and another one is in the caring hands of a Guzzi dealer who is also the manufacturer of special bikes with Guzzi heart

Lamps

• 2 months later...

Eighteen. Really!

In that case, I better pamper mine then. As it already winters inside, maybe I'll tuck it up

and give it a little kiss good-night.

Question to fellow Scura R'ers - should owners keep 'em stock or get stuck into any personal

modifications? Are there cries of "Do it", or "Sacriledge"?

Only 18 out of how many V11's? Now that must be what a "niche within a niche" is then.

Count me in.

Since there are almost 100 in the registry at this very site, I am guessing there are more then 18 made.

They might be a little rarer then another version of the V11, but I don't think it it enough to make it collectible on that merit alone. All Guzzi's are rare, My '93 Daytona is as rare or rarer then a Scura in the US.

And I have seen Scura's around, I have never seen one of the Tri-Color Coppa Italia's however.

• 2 months later...

Eighteen. Really!

In that case, I better pamper mine then. As it already winters inside, maybe I'll tuck it up

and give it a little kiss good-night.

Question to fellow Scura R'ers - should owners keep 'em stock or get stuck into any personal

modifications? Are there cries of "Do it", or "Sacriledge"?

Only 18 out of how many V11's? Now that must be what a "niche within a niche" is then.

Count me in.

I found mine on the Net in France, near LeMans (where, otherwise?????)

The previous owner mounted a nice set of dedicated Mistrals -original exhausts were not included in the sale.

It also has a carbon rear fender (Stucchi, I believe) instead of the black plastic one; but the most relevant modification is the headlight/fairing, which moves V11Sport-style.

Very nice looking indeed...I'll keep it this way, but I'll also go searching for all the missing parts so I have the chance to bring it back to its complete originality in any moment.

It's a gem and I don't think I could improve it -and honestly I don't even wanna try.

Lamps

PS: so in the end, how many R's can we track?

1 Ketil Sletten (Norway)

1 ScuRoo (UK)

1 Millepercento's owner (Italy)

1 Brunocortona (AnimaGuzzista forumist-Italy)

1 Backstreets (Italy)

2 in Czech Republic (any detail?)

11 are missing..... O Brother, Where Art Thou?

I saw one last year in fordingbridge during the v twin rally. It had a quat d exhaust on it (ScuRoo!!!!).

Gary

If you're thinking that's mine you'd be mistaken.

The underbelly Quat-D exhaust helps the looks a bit but unfortunately I thought they sound crappy (imho).

Mine's got awesome sounding carbon M4's.