Knowing some of youse are gun enthusiasts...

My daughter is a vegetarian, soft and sooky, loves animals and is studying animal science at Cornell. Luckily she's also barking mad and very pragmatic. She'll try just about anything and Jude and I reckon that she wants 'It All' and knowing her personality and drive she'll probably achieve 'It All' as well. Most likely by the time she's 30!!!! :lol:

Anyway. She'd never touched or fired a gun in her life before she went to the US to study. So what do her friends decide she needs to do during the Fall break?

5082768583_669ce97577_b.jpg

5083370298_906bf6086e_b.jpg

She's off to Kenya soon to count wildlife. These skills could come in very handy methinks!!! :grin:

Pete

Never, ever send your childers to Amerikay or to Awstrayl-i-ay

:oldgit:

Oh, hang on... I did, both. :blush:

(she had never lifted a gun: until she went to Awstrayl-i-ay)

My daughter is a vegetarian, soft and sooky, loves animals and is studying animal science at Cornell. Luckily she's also barking mad and very pragmatic. She'll try just about anything and Jude and I reckon that she wants 'It All' and knowing her personality and drive she'll probably achieve 'It All' as well. Most likely by the time she's 30!!!! :lol:

Anyway. She'd never touched or fired a gun in her life before she went to the US to study. So what do her friends decide she needs to do during the Fall break?

5082768583_669ce97577_b.jpg

She's off to Kenya soon to count wildlife. These skills could come in very handy methinks!!! :grin:

Pete

Yep it is much easier to count wildlife if you shoot it first. Stops them moving about.

It's a wonderful world where an Australian girl comes to America to shoot a German rifle first made in Spain. With Brazilian, or maybe Greek, ammunition. I don't know for sure, but later they might have gone out for Mexican food. Or maybe Italian; had a Irish ale or some Argentinian wine. Drove back home in a Swedish car made in a Belgian factory owned by a Chinese company.

It's a wonderful world!:sun:

Tell her she needs to stand up straight & bring the rifle up to her eye in off-hand. Hunching over like that is a recipe for missing the target. Also, if she shifts her front hand back & gets her elbow under the rifle, it'll be easier to hold up. Personally, I prefer a Hasty-sling for off-hand, but they won't let you use a sling in competition during the standing position stage over here. Hunting ain't like target sport tho', so get her to sling up... ;)

Also, let her know that if she's off to Africa to count wildlife of the largish sort, she'll want to bring enough gun: that 30cal ain't gonna stop a hephalump in full charge w/o a dozen more or so in backup... ;)