New engine

gavo

So does anyone know more about the new guzzi 1200 engine . the article I've read says watercooled double overhead cams, cylinders inclined 8deg forward but still a 90 deg across the frame twin. Anymore info?

Ok , it was a story in the current issue of Australian motorcycle news. Had a small pic of the motor and it looked like the fuel injection was inside the V and from memory I think it said gear driven cams but not sure on the last point. It was a friends magazine and he lives 60kms away so I can't look again just now rolleyes.gif

Oh I see, no silly seasons over and I've sobered up. This magazine is usually very accurate they only indulge in april fools jokes. I'll see if I can get the article, scan and upload it. I just thought someone in europe would have info, being closer to the source so to speak laugh.gif

Gavo,

The only reference I've seen to a new motor was this little bit on the MGCGB forum:

as reported in motorcycle port and lemon this month, 1380cc across the frame v twin, water cooled, three valve with the cylinders inclined forwards to give more leg room, arriving 2013. This would be very like the va10 prototype shown a few years ago. They also say the new cali will be the last new guzzi with an air cooled motor released before the new motor arrives.

I haven't seen the article.

Would be interested to see the AMCN article.

Cheers, KB

At last! Moto Guzzi has finally in her drawings the manufacture of new [ygropsyktoy] engine. With capacity 1200 cubic, eight globally valves and head [ekkentroforoys], the V2 90th has been programmed it presents in the EICMA in November 2012.

d7115f2e533cc8bcf91823021f4ba6a2_L.jpg

The engineers in the headquarters of maternal Piaggio in Pontedera, he is confirmed that they work '? this, under the guidance of Federico Martini. Martini began as basic engineer in the foundation of Bimota, continued in Gilera and today the guru of planning is head in Powertrain Engineering of Piaggio. With this engine that they develop will be revived the historical trade name with a line of new models period 2013 - 2015. It is believed that at least first from them it can be inspired from the three [prototypa] Moto Guzzi that presented in Eicma in 2009, creations of Pierre Terblanche

Thus, after almost half century, where Moto Guzzi moved traverse aircooled V2 90° with [ostiria], came the time for a new engine. This engine began his career in the means of decade 1960 and became the signal of deposited company. Now it is time [xanathymithoyn] the [ygropsyxi] and first [ygropsykto] engine, legend fighting V8 500. The new engine will not be development existing with [ostiria] but one new drawn in white paper, capable it covers the specifications Euro 4 that will be stricter and is believed that very with difficulty will cover him aircooled engines, that will be in effect in 2014. The engine will have two heads [ekkentroforoys] with their rotation it becomes from mixed system with cogwheels and [kadenes] as in the new V2 of Dorsoduro. The delivery of Guzzi with the final transmission by axis is maintained, as [diamikis] in the frame crank and the corner 90th. Innovation will be the bent of rolls at 8th to front, giving more space for the knees of jockey, the box of filter air but also [fortizontas] front wheel with more weight. The engineers had hoped in a more intense bent 15th but do not allow him the junction with the axis of transmission.

This characteristic of bent of rolls in Guzzi, for first time existed in one from the previous prototypes of company, pioneering V2 75° of engine with the code VA-10, drawn for the decade 1990 from then [archimichaniko] the company, Angelo Ferrari, before the market of Moto Guzzi in 2000 from Aprilia. This [ygropsyktos], with dry [karter], spraying, two heads [ekkentroforoys], [exatachyto] box and shifted [kombia] in the crank for balancing of vibrations, was intended it is placed in proposed model mg-1. This was drawn with chain in the final transmission but the drawing was cancelled by Beggio in order to are dedicated resources in the growth of Aprilia and it enters in the space scooter developing him Amico and later Scarabeo. His certain elements however will be used in the new engine that is developed in Pontedera. There it will be manufactured and transported in the factory of Moto Guzzi in Mandello del Lario, for the final assembly of models. Initially had been selected three valves for each roll of (two import) in order to are facilitated the course of pipes of export but the need for big output so that it is placed in models Sport as news Le Mans, in Streetfighter and on-off, it was selected the provision with four valves. All will be also revealed in November 2012 - but before then, a new publication of California it is considered that it is under development and is expected it is presented in the EICMA this year in the fall, with the [oktabalbido] engine of Griso8V. Can this very well be the last new model of Moto Guzzi with aircooled engine, because the problems with the achievement of requirements of Euro 4"?

From what I can make out, this seems like not unexpected news, in light of what we were saying in the previous threads about the inevitable need to move to water-cooled engines.

MG could do worse than to learn from the Dorsoduro engine. Interesting news. Good news. Though many will also declare it to be sad news.

Good news that the cylinder angle is changing to allow more room for the airbox (where current 1200 is crippled) as well as rider's knees, and placing more weight to the front. Looks like they can only achieve half the angle shift that they really wanted though.

Give it a chain.