New engine

gavo

... a Café v7 with an astronomic price and retro look with a very bad sales quotient...

:vomit:

Talk here, for what it's worth at this stage, of new 'sports': new Le Mans, new streetfighter and an off-road/dual purpose. Again no surprise.

First - a new Cali! though that's with current 1200.

Valves seem a compromise, as well as the engine inclination. Looks like they thought 3 was best (2 intake) but are going for 4 for sportiness.

Ah, those 3 models above, probably refer to the 3 TB concepts shown at Eicma.

So perhaps those designs will be developed with this new engine?

4872934186_8f2de5b3df.jpg

Same speculation with BMW of course (For watercooling by 2012 / Euro 4).

But who knows?

While R1200R was introduced with twincam it was told at the same time that recent engine will stay at least till 2013 before new wet one will arrive.

Printed in MO Motorrad BMW Magazin in Germany.

• 1 month later...

Ok , it was a story in the current issue of Australian motorcycle news. Had a small pic of the motor and it looked like the fuel injection was inside the V and from memory I think it said gear driven cams but not sure on the last point. It was a friends magazine and he lives 60kms away so I can't look again just now rolleyes.gif

Got it Jan/Feb issue Australian motorcycle news and I think the author is Alan Cathcart going by the initials at the end

unknown139.jpg

...I think is cumcumber time in Australia now.

:unsure:

Keith, I gave up a long time ago,.... :wacko:

I'm just not a fan of the aesthetic of water cooled engines, although I recognize the engineering and performance benefits. But I think, like other air cooled engines, part of the allure of the MG engine is its air cooled industrial look.

If they go to the antiseptic look of a water cooled engine, I'd think it would be a great idea to design some fins to retain the classic look. Who knows, it might even lessen the load on the water cooling system.

They won't do this of course, but just sayin'

Al