NEWS

Remo

Just reading the first full review of Ducati's Diavel.

MCN's Phil West tested the Ducati Diavel in Spain and was blown away by the 162bhp, V-twin powered Ducati.

We’re absolutely blown away by the Diavel. It’s so light, fast and sophisticated, so good handling and fun, it completely turns on its head everything we thought so-called ‘cruisers were about until now. Or, to put it another way: the Diavel does to the cruiser bike class pretty much – if not more – what Ducati’s Multistrada did to the adventure bike class last year. It adds a degree of performance and sports ability to a class of bike where it simply didn’t exist before.

I'll post rest of review in the old Diavel thread.

Gotta admit I scoffed at the pumped up look of the beast when first revealed, but the superlative report, plus in particular the comparison with Guzzi's new '1200 cruiser' delivery at the same time, demands a reappraisal.

Historic Moto Guzzi, the guys who made MG what it was, must be turning in their grave over what has become of their legacy. Ducati and Aprilia are knocking nail after nail in Moto Guzzi's coffin. MG better come up with something proper by 2013, or R.I.P.

Eh, what?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic