NEWS

Remo

...Contrary to you I never bought any new ride, all my life, I admit...

...so.... it's all your fault...

I guess i'm with BFG, what is Guzzi now but a name? Them bikes are just styling exercises or like someone else said - toys. Maybe it's time to put it out of it's misery or sell the brand to someone who cares. Good grief, even Roper's leaving the ship. Me, if I had the money I'd have one of them new Nortons. There's a man who seems to give a f*ck.

.KB :sun:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cali looks a little better in the large pic- is that a radiator in front or just a massive oil cooler? I dont mind Guzzi going water cooled if that's what they have to do but will be interesting to see.

The previous incarnations of Calis have been practical bikes- strap some luggage on and go touring in reasonable comfort but retaining surprisingly sporty handling. Ever tried chasing a well ridden Cali on a back road? Not much slower than a V11!

This bike seems to be seeking a different, and maybe larger market with less practicality, but more "pose" value.

Those rocker covers must be a styling exercise as it's the same motor as all the rest now. The inlet is styled too. As the whole bike is a Tonka toy pastiche, i'd say it's just done to make the engine look BIGger.

I think the clue is in the name: Califiornia

Like it or loathe it, Ducati's styling and tech in the Diavel at least had commitment.

The press realease on http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/en_UK/news/montecarlo.aspx

The brand new California and Scrambler unveiled at Piaggio Group international dealer convention

A brand new white Moto Guzzi California and a Scrambler version of the V7 provided an exciting double surprise from Moto Guzzi at the Piaggio Group international dealer meeting in Monte Carlo on 27 and 28 January.

The annual event for almost two thousand Piaggio Group dealers at the Grimaldi Forum in Monte Carlo ended with the unexpected preview – presented by Group chairman and chief executive officer Roberto Colaninno – of two prototypes offering a foretaste of the Eagle brand’s future product strategies.

The new California prototype, with an original 1400cc transverse V90 twin-cylinder engine, carries on the tradition established by a bike acclaimed in five continents for its comfort, reliability and performance, delivering a re-styling that enhances the architecture of the powertrain and the comfort assured by a generously sized saddle and tank. Fitted neatly around the cylinder unit, the tank heightens the impact of the new valve covers, helping to create a new style element on this irresistible California. All the technical components –wheels, brakes, suspension – are new too, proclaiming the California’s membership of an eagerly awaited new generation of Moto Guzzi bikes.

Much more of a classic but equally fascinating, the Moto Guzzi V7 Scrambler is built on on the famous frame of the V7 Classic fitted with a 750cc small-block engine. Chrome trim, spoked wheels and sports tyres create a bike that, in the 1960s, would have qualified as a "Regularity" model like the famous 175 Lodola, which this Scrambler recalls with its low headlamp and integrated instrument panel. The exhaust system with its two raised side-by-side silencers is a distinctive feature of this Moto Guzzi Scrambler.

All I want to know; Is it water-cooled?

All I want to know; Is it water-cooled?

Well this one isn't, but they have to hurry, I think in 2013 the euro 4 is there and they won't get that with the aircooled engine. So this could be the last new aircooled Guzzi model, or they wait to long and have to put the new to build watercooled engine in.

I did send a mail to Piaggio press office, and they send me pictures in high res. So they even respond. I did have the pictures allready from the Press website.

Here are they, high res:

http://www.mgcn.nl/downloads/MotoGuzziprototipiCalifornia-Scrambler.jpg

http://www.mgcn.nl/downloads/MotoGuzziprototipoScrambler.jpg

http://www.mgcn.nl/downloads/MotoGuzziprototipoCalifornia.jpg

Without the publishing on Annima Guzzista we wouldn't have seen these. Also not shure how much of this will be in the production bike. On the other hand, the Griso proto was almost identical to production, only a different engine.

This Cali has a lot of the early 60s V7/850 bikes.

It doesn't have a lot: it has an eXceSS

– and this is not the early 60s –

This is half a century on from then.

It has a lot of

Disney dumbo-4.gif Dumbo

Suffocation by Guzziness I'd say if someone asked. You should overcome your painfull disappointments - it will make you ill, BFG.

I thought your parrot gay Aprilia did help you on that challenge.

hubert

I thought your parrot gay Aprilia did help you on that challenge.

hubert

Indeed: it totally did & totally does. It's very refreshing. That's why Guzzi's output and the message that they are giving to the world about Moto Guzzi is so very disappointing. Guzzi don't stand alone in the world: they are in competition and everyone has a lot of alternatives to compare the brand and the product with. Other brands have moved forward and are producing great products. Guzzi, in so many crucial ways, is giving the message that it is content to be a dumbed down parody (taking these two bikes as the current example). I still don't see how this is attracting hordes of customers.

As I have said so many times: it is us, the long-term owners and 'enthusiasts' who are effectively doing the work of promoting the brand, galvanising enthusiasm and trying to create custom for the product.

:mg: is just not giving us much to work with, either with product, or with service, or with vision for the future.

Sure. my enthusiasm for the current brand is running thin. I'll still do my bit and do more than the wretched company system deserves. That 'loyalty' is not likely to stretch to buying another new bike from them though.

Dave, by some of your posts I do have to think if you are serious or sarcastic.

This one here above is one of these.

Maybe Moto Guzzi does not go with the flow. And maybe is still Moto Guzzi exclusive. I do not know if this is conscious. The designed bikes are not directly concurrent for the market, I still have my doubts about Italian style. But maybe sometimes someone have to do something to survive and maybe is this project (scramble…?!?!) one of these desperate attempt.

Styling of that Cali is growing on me. It's a cleaner & neater design than any of the recent ones. IMV Cali looks went off a cliff after the T3 version, trying to disguise the straight lined elegance of the Tonti frame with swoops & plastics.

Call a spade a spade, I doubt that this will have the integrity of the Tonti, but at least it has coherence.

KB :sun: