You would, wouldn't you?

A bike for old men, GR. A bike for old men: judging by the last photo.

Have they all just recently stepped off Moto Guzzis?

Hmm, what's wrong about being/getting old(er), David? :oldgit::D

I like the new Nortons; a genuine bike it is and I wouldn't mind having one parked in the garage. It's still true to its roots and it somehow resembles the old Commando. High five from me.

Cheers

Søren

Yes, a fine bike. I just think that the last photo is funny.

Is it from their own publicity, or a magazine photoshoot?

That photo reflects & appeals to the age group that will be buying them I suppose, rather than the old model's imagery/identification with café racing rockers about 15 or 20 years younger.

I cleaned the garage last week and found room for another bike! Too bad the bank account non-concurs. k

Is it Italian? <_>

Unfortunately I can't think of any new cafe racer bikes made by any of the Italian manufacturers now. I think Ducati have stopped the 1000 Sport which was a very nice bike, and I'm obviously not counting the 40 rwbhp V7 Racer which is an expensive gaudy plastic piss-poor attempt at a cafe racer (nearly £8k HOEVEEL????). Benelli call a bike a cafe racer but its more like a Fazer.

I'd love to see a new model big bore Guzzi cafe racer with attitude, but that would be far too adventurous and logical for Piaggio, and in the meantime, Guzzi sales keep falling- just 300 bikes sold in the UK last year and that probably includes all the "demonstrators".

In the meantime Triumph sales are up and they seem to sell plenty of Bonnies and Thruxtons so there must be a demand for this sort of bike.

Yes, a fine bike. I just think that the last photo is funny.

Is it from their own publicity, or a magazine photoshoot?

That photo reflects & appeals to the age group that will be buying them I suppose, rather than the old model's imagery/identification with café racing rockers about 15 or 20 years younger.

At a massive £14k its only rich old gits who could afford one, and lets face it if you were a testosterone filled teenager would you want an old man's bike like this, or a new R6?

When I was 20 I bought my first Guzzi, a V65 Lario which at the time seemed quite sporty and attractive and it used to piss my mates off because it was as fast as their 350 YPVSs, and it got me hooked into Guzzis for life. If I was 20 today there would be nothing in the current Guzzi range that would float my boat- much more likely to buy an Aprilia.

My old Lario Hastings seafront 1988, next to my girlfriend's GPX600.

11145_235611174815_635879815_4293176_7947273_n.jpg

Yes, I would. :thumbsup:

KB :sun:

Me too, but if its 14 grand forget it :glare: the scotsman in me wouldnt let me spend that much. I have been looking at the new triumph tiger 800, £7200 out the door. Ok its not a looker, but it would be a good tourer, and half the price :rolleyes:

Yeh, Gary: I reckon that 800 would be a good one. Someone who was out at one of our main bike dealers today - Philip McCallen's place (Triumph, Kawasaki, KTM....) said 'When you look at all the sold bikes in the shop not one is a sportsbike....all trail / street / SM style'.

Mind you, local dealer who does Aprilia and now Moto Guzzi has sold every RSV4 he can get his hands on incl the APRC SE @ £17K. They are also getting a few of the final production Tuono V-twins, which should disappear @ £8,200. Meanwhile, uncle Griso and the wee V7 cousins are - still - sitting - there - .

1200 Dorsoduro has arrived in.

Yeah, I've been perusing(?) their website for a while, beautiful, but pricey. I've no fascination for the older Brit bikes, but there's just something nice about their lines. Has anyone seen one in the flesh?

Do they leak?

Do they sound nice?

Does anyone care?

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

.... Umm. Bit off topic there....

Norton - paying for the exclusivity. Too dear and i'm a bit uncomfortable about a new product using an old famous name. Same for the current bonneville - nice bike, but using a famous name

again with no link to it. Yes, just being silly, but that's what I like about a Guzzi - even a 2011 bike has that link back 90 years. Now that 1200 Dorsodura - not my idea of a pretty bike, but the engine spec looks good. When they turn it into a shiver, and if they don't bling it too much, well that might be really nice.