Cornering

Joep

Hi, I am building an extra bike for the circuit with parts that I have hanging around. I used the forks from a 1100 sport, frame from the V11, sub frame of the Centauro and exhaust system of the V11 le mans. But I have the idea that this is quite low? Isn’t the exhaust hitting the ground when you corner (especially on the circuit?)

Thanks,

Joep

Hi, I am building an extra bike for the circuit with parts that I have hanging around. I used the forks from a 1100 sport, frame from the V11, sub frame of the Centauro and exhaust system of the V11 le mans. But I have the idea that this is quite low? Isn’t the exhaust hitting the ground when you corner (especially on the circuit?)

Thanks,

Joep

You can probably make your own exhaust hangers. Just use the old ones as a template for the mounting holes, then make the hanger part shorter to raise the cans upward. If you have access to a drill press, a vise and a bandsaw it shouldnt be too hard.

On mine,(V11 Scura)front edge of stock silencer would ground.

If you've got the parts already just put it together & see. If looks aren't important you could ding the leading edge of the cans to get a bit of clearance, or mess with the pipes & hangers to gain a bit. Other than that & sidestand, clearance on Scura is pretty good but I dunno what ride height you will have. Depends on what shock & how you mount the forks as well. I lowered triple clamps a little to get weight forward & speed up steering. Are 1100S forks same length as V11?

KB :sun:

On mine,(V11 Scura)front edge of stock silencer would ground.

If you've got the parts already just put it together & see. If looks aren't important you could ding the leading edge of the cans to get a bit of clearance, or mess with the pipes & hangers to gain a bit. Other than that & sidestand, clearance on Scura is pretty good but I dunno what ride height you will have. Depends on what shock & how you mount the forks as well. I lowered triple clamps a little to get weight forward & speed up steering. Are 1100S forks same length as V11?

KB :sun:

Hi,

Thanks, if you are hitting the ground I suppose I will have the same problem. Im afraight I will have some more work to do. I think that I will change the bos "cross" I have.

Kind regards,

Joep

When Gyles (RIP) was racing his Daytona RS he made a cheap and clever modification and that was to simply relocate the mounting bolt of top of the rear shock giving him loads more ground clearance and speeding up the steering. I'll try and dig out a photo.

...simply relocate the mounting bolt of top of the rear shock giving him loads more ground clearance and speeding up the steering. I'll try and dig out a photo.

No problems with UJ angles?

When Gyles (RIP) was racing his Daytona RS he made a cheap and clever modification and that was to simply relocate the mounting bolt of top of the rear shock giving him loads more ground clearance and speeding up the steering.

Not a great pic but if you zoom in you can see some of the modifications where the shock joins the frame.

CadwellPark068.jpg

...simply relocate the mounting bolt of top of the rear shock giving him loads more ground clearance and speeding up the steering. I'll try and dig out a photo.

No problems with UJ angles?

Not to my knowledge Keith!