V11 Le Mans Spoiler Windshield

biesel

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Andy, I sent you an email expressing my interest in purchasing a tinted windscreen from you a while back, but I don't know if you received it. Hopefully you'll read this thread again. mik

:nerd: Ok Guys. So far I have a new list of riders wanting the windscreens. everyone wants tinted.Heres the list....

Chris Galardi - tint

Mick Pizzimenti - tint

Greg Claus - tint

Jeff H - tint

Motor72 - tint

Thundering Subash- tint

I will order mid week next week, so there is still time to for all you lurkers to get on the list. headed to bike week :drink: end of next week. When I return the windscreens should be here. :thumbsup:

later

andy :mg:

Guest goldgooz

Hi All. This post is directed to the guys that's already installed the spoiler windscreen on thir Lemans. Has anyone had a chance to put some miles on with the new screen? I've installed taller risers on my Lemans and now get a good bit of helmet buffer ing at 90MPH. :angry: My girlfriend says" just slow down"! The new windscreen sounds better to me :P . Let me know what you think. Thanks, John B

I haven't been able to out as much as I would like to this winter.(too much snow)

But the little bit I have been able to ride with the new screen has had good results.

Much less buffeting on the knoggen and also a wider spread of still air at torso level.

I'm 5'10 on a proud day,with 30" in seam.I set the bars back about 2" with the Jackal bracket and LSL superbike bars.A much more comfortable position.

With the screen the protection is much better than stock.

It might look a little less sporty than stock,but I think a great compliment to a "sport-tourer" package.

(Can I stay on the list now?)

J.R. in NC

Guest northend

Thanks for that info.,But I'll wait on one from Andy since he is just about to order them. Give us a scream Andy when they come in :thumbsup:

Thanks again Andy.........Jeff H.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dkgross

Al, I got mine last weekend, and I love it. Exactly what the bike needs. Looks like it totally belongs on it, and it works like a charm.

anyone want to by my Laminar Lip thingy?? Or my OEM screen? I don't need either anymore.

(and Moto I still has a few of these in stock if anyone needs one right away...)

Al, the windshield looks very nice. I notice that you've made quite a few changes to your LeMans. Are the valve covers painted or are they the ones from the Corsa? I see that the brake reservoir looks to be one of the billet type, have you changed the others also? You do nice work, especially the 'plumbing' :luigi: on the fuel tank. I wouldn't worry about leakage...permatex is a very tenacious sealant.

I suppose that after I install my aero windscreen, the weather will be nice enough for some longer distance riding. The only other issue I have with the LeMans is the peg position, although the problem may be more due to my knees. I may install the lower control kit...I believe Guzzi has one, don't they? The problem with not being able to ride year round is that parts of my anatomy have to break in again every spring. :lol: Two weeks of steady riding should bring things into perspective.

Ageing is good for alcohol and steak, not so much for my knees. :bier:

Thanks Mik :D

I had the valve covers powder-coated. The current ones are a bit more orange than I wanted, so I have another set that I coated along with a matching set of "porkchop" side-plates, that I'll install at the same time after the engine rebuild. They are a deeper red.

The front brake and clutch master cylinder reservoirs are from Rizoma.

Guzzi does offer a "billet" "adjustable" footpeg set, but the reviews by the folks on this board haven't been very positive. It seems that the set is more for show, as although they do adjust via an eccentric, the range of adjustment is very minor.

Other popular options though include using Centauro controls, and the relocation kit from Evoluzione.net.

al

Al, thanks for the link to the Evoluzione lowering kit. It is modestly priced and may be just the ticket. Definitely less troublesome than loading up on glucosamine. :rolleyes: