Throttle cable replacement

SoullesS

The one in your photo with the right angle tube seems to be -580 or -880

Right? But the "replacement" throttle cable for the early Sport (1999-2001) redirects to the 1117590 with the bent tube connection that won't fit the early Sports. But what does the 1117590 actually fit?

I have one you can have if you can use it! Is it the same as a -580 or an -880? No one seems to know . . .

No idea...

No one seems to know - which is disconcerting since we are the world's foremost experts on the V11 Guzzi!

I'm planning a campaign with MG NA to get the cable number corrected. I can't imagine they had a completely new cable produced to replace the early V11 cable, especially considering the throttle control has to be modified to install it, where the 2002 LeMans cable just fits right in.

I'm guessing it's for an entirely different model, and somehow got associated with ours through some clerical error. Is the metal 90° angle tube part supposed to be on the throttle body side, or on the handle bar side?

The cable in the picture looks a lot like one of the cables on my Griso. My Daytona also has a cable like that, but from the picture the Griso cable looks like a closer match.

In case it helps, my wifes Ducati Monster 1100 has a throttle cable that looks a lot like the cable on her early V11. I don't know if that helps, but it could be something if you can't get the proper cable from Guzzi.

The 90˚ angle on the 1117590 is apparently to fit to the throttle control side once the control assembly is retapped :whistle: . It's just wrong.

The 1117560 cable from the 2002 LeMans fits perfectly with no modifications.