Love the forum

Skeeve

10 members have voted

1. 1. So, did you prefer the original V11LM look, or do you like the new (current) one better?

• Vintage grace & goodness
    • Postmodern technoid skin
    • I'm new here & have no basis for comparison...

Well, it's been what, a couple years now [seems like forever! :rolleyes: ] since our illustrious leader :notworthy: Jaap revamped the look & feel of the site. I hate to say it, but I shudder every time I log in since the old skin was just ever so much more elegant & pleasing to the eye. :2c:

I've shared some backchannel chatter w/ a couple of other long time users who've made clear that they share similar sentiments about the change. Ergo, this poll!

Not that I expect Jaap to add to his workload & revamp the site again, regardless of how this poll turns out: this is mostly just an exercise for me to try out the poll-creation feature, which is a pretty dang neat feature but one that I've never used... :thumbsup:

I dont mind the new look, forum layout is more inclusive regarding the other models. The update got rid of a lot of repetitive information. I struggled with it initially but now find it easier to use. Besides I am partial to the Moto Guzzi fairing (any of em) and I see more of them with the new skin. Like the gallery too. I'm no techy but change is the one constant we do have. Cheers :bier:

Given the average age of most on this forum, I doubt if many have the faculty to actually recall the old one. I can't remember what I had for breakfast.

Ummm, what was the question?

Oh yes, breakfast: I had a banana.

Skeeve, is it just the header-picture with the logo you don't like? Because the rest has stayed basically the same.

Yeah, can't comment on the previous site looks, but I sure wish you had a better picture for yourself Jaap. So ugly it's bloody off-putting.

Seriously.

Now that had to be said, can I put forward a motion to add say, a Quota section too?

All fine by me, I'm just happy Jaap takes the trouble to keep things running :thumbsup: .

New logo in top left of banner pic I ain't so keen on - old logo was classier - tho pic is fine - missed breakfast that morning Jaap? But - small beer :bier:

PS:

Now that had to be said, can I put forward a motion to add say, a Quota section too?[/font]

How did Morocco go ScuRoo or did I miss a thread?

KB :sun:

I like the header photo, partly because i think i know where it was taken!! And even if i am wrong it still reminds me of good times. As BFG says i cant remember the old one :oldgit:

...come on, something with apples might be, but obviously soure I'd say

for the rest I'm with KB, the old wings were more oldstyle, or classy if you like. With the new one one could sell bling as well.

Picture was taken at a small Dutch only V11 meeting in Arnhem, a couple of years back.

I didn't know what you were thinking, but my guess is, it wasn't the above. :)

I thought it was taken at the kenbridge hotel meeting a couple of years ago :drink: . There was a good line up of V11s there. :thumbsup: