Bleed clutch fluid

cash1000

Does anyone know where I can get the bleed nipple you use to bleed the clutch fluid? Mine looks like its been attacked by someone with some vice grips. Flats on it are all chewed up. Guzzi will not supply it seperatley. Only whole unit it screws into which costs $NZ385. Would like to get a replacement before I remove it.Any ideas?

Does anyone know where I can get the bleed nipple you use to bleed the clutch fluid? Mine looks like its been attacked by someone with some vice grips. Flats on it are all chewed up. Guzzi will not supply it seperatley. Only whole unit it screws into which costs $NZ385. Would like to get a replacement before I remove it.Any ideas?

It'll be either an 8 x 1.25 or 10 x 1.5 nipple as used on Brembo brakes. Take the old one out and take it to a brake and clutch place they should be able to match it up on the spot otherwise Brembo brake nipples are available separately from the usual sources. If you have problems gimme a hoy and I'll post one over to you if you can't get any joy from MotoKiwi or your local blokes.

Pete

Speed Bleeder makes a model for out clutch.It's slightly long and I had mine ground down a couple mm's and works great.

Read this first post #21,...

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16028&st=0&p=174198&hl=mznyc&fromsearch=1entry174198

Speed Bleeder makes a model for out clutch.It's slightly long and I had mine ground down a couple mm's and works great.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16028&st=0&p=174198&hl=mznyc&fromsearch=1entry174198

From reading the link on this post I can see that I'm not alone in having the nipple rounded off

From reading the link on this post I can see that I'm not alone in having the nipple rounded off

Hi

You might want to soak the three countersunk mounting screws in WD40 or Plus-Gas before attacking them too, because they have a very small head, and will have seen the full effect of thrown up road dirt for some years......... mine came out fairly easily after 5 years but.....?

Wish I was living in NZ....

Cheers

Guzz

• 1 year later...

Ok I've tried to loosen the clutch bleed nipple so I can replace it with speedbleed nipple but no go(It's been chewed up by vice grips of previous owner and now me!) so I'm going to remove clutch master cylinder so it will be easier to remove the nipple. I've loosen the 3 mounting screws. What's going to happen when I remove the screws and cylinder? Is everything behind the cylinder going to stay in place or come flying out at me and leave me with a mess of parts that I won't know how to put back together? Or should I have left this to the Guzzi dealer?

I assume you have or you are going to remove the rear wheel to gain access to the slave cylinder ? You sould be able to remove this unit w/o having things fall off and not being able to get it back together. Just be deliberate while you are doing this.