V11 Sport Handguards

cpallenjr

It's getting chilly and wet in Seattle, so I installed Aprilia Dorsoduro Handguards. AF1 has a kit for the Tuono that adds a dogbone to span the increased distance from the mirror perch to handguard. The Tuono pumps look to be the same as the Sport, and so here you go.

HG1.jpg

HG2.jpg

HG3.jpg

Even though they are pretty small, they make a huge difference.

Next project, a Fenda Extenda to keep some of the crap off the front of the motor.

Good job on those hand guards! Thanx for the tip.

That's a nice looking petrol blue colour on the tank

you have there - or is that the lighting I guess?

It's the flourescent lighting + shitty i-phone photo - this bike has magical paint that looks green, grey, or blue depending on the light. The handguards are just the standard black plastic - out of the package and on to the bike in 30 mins. Hardest thing was finding two 14mm wrenches for the mirrors.

keep us posted on the fenda extenda when you add that, i,ve also been thinking of one of those.

cheers

You bet - I have it already, just can't decide whether to go with the double-sided tape and screws provided, or polyurethane glue.

• 1 month later...

Update on the handguards - I've ridden to work on a couple of cold (37 degrees F) and rainy mornings and the handguards, as small s they are, do an excellent job of wind deflection. I could have easily worn my summer gloves as my hands stayed both warm and relatively dry. I'm totally satisfied!

• 1 month later...
so I installed Aprilia Dorsoduro Handguards. AF1 has a kit for the Tuono that adds a dogbone to span the increased distance from the mirror perch to handguard

do you happen to have the parts numbers for the handguards, also is AF1 a US shop or an add on part number for the guards. I'm in the UK, so could go to a local dealer to get them if I am able to get the dogbone thing over here as well.

Cheers.  

so I installed Aprilia Dorsoduro Handguards. AF1 has a kit for the Tuono that adds a dogbone to span the increased distance from the mirror perch to handguard

do you happen to have the parts numbers for the handguards, also is AF1 a US shop or and add on part number for the guards. I'm in the UK, so could go to a local dealer to get them if I am able to get the dogbone thing over here as well.

Cheers.  

Hopefully we will see your handywork at the Scottish Rally. Take notes for the questioning :)

I ordered this: AF1 Handguard Kit for Tuono @ $129.99 It has everything in the Dorsoruro Kit, plus the added dogbones. Sorry for my delay in replying. If you email them I think you can get the dogbones seperately.

There is also this Aprilia accessory kit: Aprilia Shiver Handguard Kit P/N 894088 $41.99 Ihaven't seen it though, and don't know what the pumps look like on that bike. I'm very happy with the Dorsoduro guards - they do a good job.

• 1 month later...
It's getting chilly and wet in Seattle, so I installed Aprilia Dorsoduro Handguards. AF1 has a kit for the Tuono that adds a dogbone to span the increased distance from the mirror perch to handguard. The Tuono pumps look to be the same as the Sport, and so here you go.

HG1.jpg

HG2.jpg

Do you think those would still work w/ Manic Salamanders [heavywt. bar ends?] or would you be limited to just the stock counterweights?

• 1 year later...