1.2 4v in spine

dangerous

Won't fit w/o extensive mods. I seem to remember this has been discussed before?

Alternator sits where the frame goes. You can't fit a Ducati alternator as the crank doesn't have a mounting spigot for it. Sump is also much, much deeper on the 8V and can't easily be swapped for the earlier 'Broad Sump' due to the cooling circuit and extra oil pump and associated plumbing. The earlier clutch would be extremely marginal with the 8V power and without it you couldn't mate the new motor to the 'Old' six speed,at least not easily.

Pete

Alternator sits where the frame goes. You can't fit a Ducati alternator as the crank doesn't have a mounting spigot for it. Sump is also much, much deeper on the 8V and can't easily be swapped for the earlier 'Broad Sump' due to the cooling circuit and extra oil pump and associated plumbing. The earlier clutch would be extremely marginal with the 8V power and without it you couldn't mate the new motor to the 'Old' six speed,at least not easily.

Pete

ahhh yes makes sence, with the extra time and money it would be cool to do... I was thinking of motor and gearbox/clutch transfer aswell but by what your saying its enough trouble just swaping engines over.

Won't fit w/o extensive mods. I seem to remember this has been discussed before?

And a little birdie tells me you have a 1000 4v in a V11... tell me about thatand please show me some photos? cos ummm I was just ofered a V10 engine

And a little birdie tells me you have a 1000 4v in a V11... tell me about thatand please show me some photos? cos ummm I was just ofered a V10 engine

Now that is a much more achievable project! :luigi:

It's relatively straightforward. You need a pre 2002 (red) front subframe and the 4V throttle bodies. You can use the V11 wiring loom, only the connector to the TPS is different. The 6 speed fits w/o problems.

thats awesome man, is it GB body work, which I asume you fitted to a v11 rolling frame and added a 4v engine?

Keith, what do you mean exactly?

Hi Jaap, In photo above, I just coloured lower front fairing edge, & panel at tank lower rear, black (or maybe gunmetal like s/a plates)on PC. To me, it brings out a simpler line in the bike.

K

PS: There is a Guzzi precedent! LM1 & 11 tank had black painted lower part, with a straight edge that emphasises the line of the Tonti frame top rail, & enhances the lines of the whole bike. I've seen bikes without the black, just a solid colour tank, & it breaks up the lines, doesn't look so good IMV. Just my :2c: .

Of course, the bike is spectacular! But . . . taking a picture of it with a car of the same colour in the back drop with its bonnet propped up has to be bad JujU :whistle:

We will have to collectively quaff good ale to ward off the aspersions.

For Jaap, we will all need to come together on this. I pledge my part! :bier:

(PS: I do like the lines Keith added: very clean!)

Keith, thanks for the small paint scheme change. I didn't notice it at first. You are right, it looks better. Maybe a project for next year.

... But . . . taking a picture of it with a car of the same colour in the back drop with its bonnet propped up has to be bad JujU :whistle: ...

Dead battery after six months of only starting but not running the bike.

Keith, thanks for the small paint scheme change. I didn't notice it at first. You are right, it looks better. Maybe a project for next year...

:thumbsup: Would gunmetal work - colour matching s/a plates (porkchops) - it would pick up on those plates & tie them in to the whole?

I love the paint, esp the way you cropped the eagle to let it run into the tank.

KB :sun: