What a contrast between Rossi and Marquez.. Smooth vs. Aggression. Both have massive raw talent, but how they use that talent is currently very different.

If only Rossi had not made that mistake early on.

Yeh, it would've been interesting to see how Rossi/Lorenzo would've matched up. Interesting contrast in bikes as well - Honda grunt v Yam agility - could Yam get enough of a gap or brake late enough to overcome Honda's straightline speed. That pass by Marquez off the end of the straight where he had it out wide & sideways & cut back inside Rossi was great to watch. Proper racing.

I am riding to COTA for the next GP.  Anyone here going too?  I'm riding the Greenie, going to go to AF1 social Sat nite.

It's great to see Rossi contending again.  I'll be rooting for #46 and the Americans.

Judging by his performance in Quatar, I'm not sure that Rossi is so far past his prime as some feared! Looks to me like he's really enjoying his racing.

Don't know netflix, fotoguzzi. We get the gp's live on BBC - great public service broadcasting! And can access them on BBCiPlayer after the event but I don't know who can access that - given it's www can't you get it anywhere, or is there some way they block it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01ry7qb/MotoGP_2013_Qatar/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01s2yh0/MotoGP_2013_Qatar_Moto2_and_Moto3/

I'll check out the moto2 Guzzirider!

KB :sun:

It's a video documenary, maybe you can find it somewhere else, some of the racing in phenominal.

Ewan McGregor narrates this adrenaline-pumping documentary that captures the thrilling, terrifying reality of MotoGP racing. Filmmaker Mark Neale gets behind the scenes with unprecedented access to shoot some of the sport's most electrifying footage.

I am riding to COTA for the next GP.  Anyone here going too?  I'm riding the Greenie, going to go to AF1 social Sat nite.

It's great to see Rossi contending again.  I'll be rooting for #46 and the Americans.

We will be going out to Indy for the MotoGP races there. We have been going there since the F1 races at Indy. Good times.

After the way COTA has treated the people that brought the F1 and MOTOGP races to their track (and treating Kevin Schwantz that way is F'd up) I will refrain from giving them my money.

Have fun. 

We will be going out to Indy for the MotoGP races there. We have been going there since the F1 races at Indy. Good times.

After the way COTA has treated the people that brought the F1 and MOTOGP races to their track (and treating Kevin Schwantz that way is F'd up) I will refrain from giving them my money.

Have fun. 

agree with you regarding KS.  COTA seems clueless in planning, ticketing and marketing areas.  But it is the best road course in North America.  Anyway, it's a days ride, I am staying with a friend, going to visit AF1 and riding in the Hill Country the following Monday.

I haven't missed an Indy Moto GP.  I fact I went to the Indy 500 last year and plan to do both this year.   BTW- it's the weekend previous to the National Rally in Lavigne Ont.  I plan to do both.  I just retired. 

See you at Indy.  Perhaps Levigne too?

...treating Kevin Schwantz that way is F'd up...

WTF? All I heard is MCN saying what a fantastic facility COTA is. Kevin Schwantz is still well-liked here - seems honest, decent person to me & passionate about bikes & racing. Support campaign w  all proceeds to Marco Simoncelli Foundation: http://freekevin34.com/ &  http://www.cafepress.com/motoinsider

KB :sun:

I have meet Kevin several times (I'm sure he, on the other hand, has no idea who I am). I was a fan of his before I ever met him, but after meeting him I respect him even more.

They certainly spent plenty of money on COTA. But the guy who designed the track could seemingly screw up a wet dream. I have not been to the track and have only seen it from the F1 race on TV. But from that race the track layout was pretty crappy and while it is probably massive fun to ride/drive it was not particularly good as far as watching went. The was not enough room to race, too many corners strung together.

I will stick to Indy, the track there is not great either but Kevin is welcome there. And Indy knows how to put an event on. What a party. Besides, I have great seats for not a lot of $$$.

I have no idea what bike I will be riding but I will be out at Indy. Hope to see you, or any one on a Guzzi, there.