Le-Mans V11 valve clearance

TeamFab

Hi, i want to check my V11 valve clearance and was wondering if i need to remove the fairing or will the rocker covers clear it!!

Any ideas!?

Martin..

They will clear, 

Many thanks.....

303033313024.gif

You have to remove bolt 5  just above the rocker covers as the fairing brackets 12/13 mounted under the top two rocker cover bolts need to come off

It takes less than 10 minutes to remove the fairing.  I usually just pull it before removing my rocker covers.

Lee,

I believe most here use .006"/.15mm intake and .008"/.20mm exhaust.

(Oops.  edited for decimal point fault)

• 1 month later...

I set mine to what Raceco recommend  .20mm inlet & .25mm exhaust and the bike doesnt feel as sharp so i will resort back to the factory settings...

And "factory" is: 0,15mm Intake/ 0,20mm Exhaust (0.006"/0.008") ? :huh2:

(Just to clarify . . .)

I have a 2004 V11 Le-mans with a K+N air filter and a pair of Mistral slip ons, the bike has the usual V11 cough down low and stammers around 2500 to 3000 revs. Would you know if a Power Commander is available for my model as Dyno Jet dont appear to list one for a bike of my age!!

Many thanks in advance.

Martin..

And "factory" is: 0,15mm Intake/ 0,20mm Exhaust (0.006"/0.008") ? :huh2:

(Just to clarify . . .)

I have a 2004 V11 Le-mans with a K+N air filter and a pair of Mistral slip ons, the bike has the usual V11 cough down low and stammers around 2500 to 3000 revs. Would you know if a Power Commander is available for my model as Dyno Jet dont appear to list one for a bike of my age!!

Many thanks in advance.

Martin..

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommanders.aspx?mk=30&mdl=253&yr=2001&pc=706&mk-n=Moto%20Guzzi&mdl-n=V11%20Sport&pc-ver=411&prod-type=Powercommander%20III%20USB

You may not need the PCIII. If you do get it, I would recommend getting a custom map using tuning link (Dynoject software). 

My dealer solved most of my stumbling issues by adjusting the CO trim. He sets the CO to 4.0ppm . I believe factory setting is 2.0 

Ken