My Scura Needs Forks

squidvicious

Since I'm falling into the old fart category more and more, my memory maybe a little suspect.

My recollection of the Guzzi Ohlins vs say R1,Gixxer,etc.... is that guzzi is over all a longer leg.

Seems to me all the late model Ohlins are 3-4"inches shorter than the Guzzi forks....can't remember if its the

outer leg or the inner.It also seems that a few years ago anyway, you could buy pieces and parts from Ohlins

that could convert "other Ohlins" to Guzzi. I found that to be extremly cost prohibitive.

Luck ...whichever way you go

andy

Triple clamps are the same for Marzocchi and Öhlins. I did the swap several years ago w/o problems

Same wheel, axle, and brakes as well?  That looks awfully promising. 

NB: I got the Guzzi Öhlins fork from a guy who knew a guy whose cousin worked in Mandello.

You can use the same wheel, rotors and calipers, but the axle is different (from a DUC 999 - 25mm ø) and of course different bearings. Furthermore, you can't use the OEM fender, but there are cheap carbon Aprilia RSV replacements on the market that will fit the Öhlins.

• 2 weeks later...

IF IF IF you end up going the part out route (or if anyone else reading this has them) I am searching for the fork mount headlight setup (mount and light) and the top clamp gauge mount panel.

Sorry SLR, but if I give up on her, I'll try and sell the whole bike (minus forks). 

Another, cheaper, option may be to switch to a more common (read less $$$) fork like that of a GSXR. You can get a used late model GSXR fork, complete with brakes and wheel, for well under $1000. The forks are a little shorter, which you can leave as is or a few of the GSXR forks have extenders available to lengthen them. All you need to adapt to the GSXR fork stem is a different set of steering bearings. The same ones as for a DRZ 400 will work.

I have done the same to a Daytona, and one day will do it to the wifes V11.

If you can get the stock style parts, great. But this is a cheaper option.

• 4 weeks later...

When I bent an ohlins tube on my RC I installed a set of forks from a Multistrada. From what I remember they were the only ones I could find that would be long enough to work. Everything worked, brakes and even fender so it was an easy swap from what I remember. Eventually I just ordered a new tube and had a friend who is an ohlins tech rebuild them for me.

• 3 weeks later...