Has to be Italian, some 2T racer, so Aprilia 250?

ummm... which one the wee red thing or the green n gold thing... that my man you should know
The green/gold thing with the fern, sorry, not familiar with 2T racers in NZ.

MATE... call ya self a sheep shagging kiwi... you all know of the Britten, well this also was built in NZ 500cc 3cyl stroker... could have taken on the world GP, only strokers were on there way out by the time it was ready to race.

The BSL 500 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSL_500_V3

The little red one is a HARLEY DAVIDSON, . 

I know it is a 350 Sprint but it was manufactured by Aermacchi . I hope this spelling is correct ?

yeah  a bloody Harley, you yanks should know that, rebadged Aermacchi

I've seen several of those little Harleys, but I didn't know that Harley didn't manufacture them. Those filthy re-badgers.  :bbblll: Obama to Harley: "You didn't build that."

So it's a METRIC Harley? That's funny.

Any more guesses on the beach scene?

Iconic image, three part question:

What's the bike? Who's riding? Where was photo taken?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-01-19.jpg

no,no Mr McQ on a CR250M... 

Really close. Husqvarna 400 Cross, Steve McQueen, on the beach at US Marine Base Camp Pendleton (in San Diego County, California). It's from the closing scene of On Any Sunday.

aww... spoiler alert.  The answer was in the filename when I clicked the picture. EMW R35 - not much info on that and I had never heard of it before. So that's a Russian-produced, post WWII bike. Is this sort of like the Ural - in that the Russians took all the BMW tooling and technology back to Russia?

aww... spoiler alert.  The answer was in the filename when I clicked the picture. EMW R35 - not much info on that and I had never heard of it before. So that's a Russian-produced, post WWII bike. Is this sort of like the Ural - in that the Russians took all the BMW tooling and technology back to Russia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisenacher_Motorenwerk

Eisenacher Motorenwerk (EMW) was an East German manufacturer of automobiles and motorcycles based in Eisenach. EMW also entered Formula One as a constructor in 1953, but participated in only one race, the 1953 German Grand Prix.

EMW.jpg
EMW logo

One of the pre-World War II BMW factories was located in Eisenach, which after the war was taken over by the Soviets, since Eisenach was situated in the Soviet occupation zone. The factory continued producing cars and motorcycles under the BMW brand, but after a lawsuit in 1952 they had to change the name to EMW instead. The logotype was also similar, but instead of the blue BMW used, EMW used red.

When I called it a 350 Sprint , I assumed everyone saw the H/D badge on the tank . It was marketed ( as a Harley ) along with a 100 cc dirt bike named the Baja ca. 1970. These were made by Aermacchi and rebadged H/D .

• Like 2

@ velofish - maybe you can edit your post and change the filename of the image so it doesn't show up when you click it. I was all ready to play and then you gave me the answer.

Cool bike too.

Sorry, I've forgotten how to do that.  I'll have to figure it out.

I think if you click the "edit" button on the message you posted that you can delete the photo. Then just rename it on your desktop (or wherever you have it saved) and upload it again.

I know what the bike is - but I'm not sayin'  B)