warning lights...

sp838

just to double check, when the ignition key is turned to the on position but the engine isn't started yet, these lights should come on:

-N

-Oil

-Charging

-Fuel

is this correct? I finally got my new cluster all wired up, tested it, everything works except for the low fuel light which isn't coming on. I did reconnect the leads coming out of the tank to test it. if it's not supposed to come on I won't take it apart, but I'm pretty sure I remember that it is indeed supposed to. arrgghhh.....

no, there's gas in the tank. I haven't been on the bike since November so I don't remember if the low fuel light is supposed to turn on along with the others when the key is turned to the "on" position before starting, or not.

ok that's a relief. I wasn't looking forward to taking it all apart again.

tested it by running some juice directly into the appropriate wires in the harness, all good.

There is nothing like having a known good V11  to pull your bike up next to for comparison.

Or, as that is known in these parts: V11LeMans.com! :mg:

The low fuel light shouldn't turn on unless fuel is low.

Even then, not straight away from cold. Takes a little time to 'heat up'. Caught me out before!

• 2 weeks later...

just to double check, when the ignition key is turned to the on position but the engine isn't started yet, these lights should come on:

-N

-Oil

-Charging

-Fuel

is this correct? I finally got my new cluster all wired up, tested it, everything works except for the low fuel light which isn't coming on. I did reconnect the leads coming out of the tank to test it. if it's not supposed to come on I won't take it apart, but I'm pretty sure I remember that it is indeed supposed to. arrgghhh.....

Hmmm, that's interesting... Aside from my dicky neutral light, I don't seem to have the charging or oil lights lit up either...  Low fuel light still works though so I suppose I should be thankful ... ? :huh:

-N

-Oil

-Charging

-Fuel

Hmmm, that's interesting... Aside from my dicky neutral light, I don't seem to have the charging or oil lights lit up either...  Low fuel light still works though so I suppose I should be thankful ... ? :huh:

Stew,

Sounds like time to make certain you are good at Fuse 5 and especially Relay 2 (Headlight Relay).