" barn find v11"

Aaronturner

Maybe it was used to courier H in from Turkey, hence the high milage.

As I understand it high milage bikes lose value quickly, putting the worth of that one more in line with other late model V11. Goodness knows how you would get it re-registered with that history. Here you would have to show bills of sale (sales contracts) between previous registered owner and subsequent buyers. Presumably the old rego is long dead but still in the system.

Well it's a valuable bike but unless you can get hold of the logbook I'd guess that you will never be able to legally register it.The best way forward would be to see who the owner is according to DVLC and work from there...

This is such an interesting topic with a rare motorcycle, a barn, mystery, intrigue, jurisprudence, and ethical conundrums. Thank-you. Will you be making a movie? I would totally watch it.

The race is on to recover 2k of uncut H before the gangsters, the jailed guy's girlfriend, the crooked cops, or the good cops, or the next door neighbour girlscout troup leader with the chequered past get to it.

• Like 1

I like the directed by Ritchie thought, let's call it "lock stock and two smoking cylinders". We'll need to figure out how the bike ends up in the hands of an innocent farmer, but I see Vinnie Jones as the incarcerated thug, broken out of the clink and in search for his loot. Diamonds in the brake light assembly, not drugs. Bike bought at police auction by the old coger with the thought of taking the modern V Twin out and placing it in his 1940's tractor where the previous Guzzi twin had FINALLY given up the ghost?

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Don't know if people get notified by this but felt the need to update you all. Spoke to my soliciter and she told me my rights and that the bike was mine, the documentation was in an office the police searched and thay had it seized as the believe the bike had been stolen, it hadn't been so I got the documentation as I was the owner and took the bike. I charged the battery and the fuel and oil, started first time. I did some reaserch and found out that the bike was one of 4 imported into the uk and had done 7.5k miles and 2 owners from new,

(3 including me) the bike is mint condition and still ride it around and take it to shows to this day, had many propel offer to buy it and am considering now selling it.

• Like 3