Assymetric Fuel Tank?

Craig

Factory drawings dimension the right pork chop mount (rear cross tube of the spine frame) 9 mm further out than the left, but I cannot find dimensions for the engine mounts.

Are these drawings available on the site somewhere? I searched a bit could not find them.

These are in the Workshop Manual, Section H page 10,  for the early Sport available online from Teo Lamers.

There are dimensioned drawings of the spine frame (although the top view only shows the rear cross tube), and the rear seat subframe. The front subframe and lower rear subframe are pictured, but not dimensioned.

Are these drawings available on the site somewhere? I searched a bit could not find them.

These are in the Workshop Manual, Section H page 10,  for the early Sport available online from Teo Lamers.

Thanks. I downloaded the workshop manual already. When you said factory drawings, I assumed it was something else.

Seems I recall the second generation workshop manual does not have the drawings . . .

When I stand up on the pegs with the bike firmly in the stand, upright, it certainly appears the engine is more prominent to the right. The only way I can think to properly measure it is with the tank off, dropping a plumb line at the side of the spine and measuring out to a fixed point on the head or valve cover.

Jaap has my curiosity piqued now! :nerd:

All I know is the cylinders are straight under the tank on my EV and one side (left IIRC) is largely covered up on the Sport from the rider's seats.  

No, I don't worry about it.  

Seems I recall the second generation workshop manual does not have the drawings . . .

When I stand up on the pegs with the bike firmly in the stand, upright, it certainly appears the engine is more prominent to the right. The only was I can think to properly measure it is with the tank off, dropping a plumb line at the side of the spine and measuring out to a fixed point on the head or valve cover.

Jaap has my curiosity piqued now! :nerd:

mark a center line between tire patches, use your plumb line droped from each rocker cover then measure to that center line?

Docc - looks like you got the same measurement in both pictures, which makes sense, because they are both of the left. Did you take a picture of the right side too?

• Confused 1

Sheesh - you guys won't let a slacker get away with much . . . :blush:

HA -so, yeah, I seated the steel rule against the spine frame and dropped a plumb line as fotoguzzi suggested and got the same measurement both sides +/- 1 or 2mm. It was a little fussy holding the rule, the plumb line, and getting the photo so my right side (dark side? :ninja: ) photos were not so good, but the motor certainly appears centered to the frame.

All this time . . . :wacko: