odometer not working

rossi46

Hi noticed that my odometer has quit! speedo still works as does the trip, for now anyway!, I have seen a few threads about fitting a bicycle computer and wondered if anyone has any tips on fitting the magnet to the wheel/rotor? concern is it will just be flung off at speed! also i assume that a wireless model will not work because of interference? I think speedhut or similar in the future but want a backup for my Euro trip for now-thanks 

I've just made an enquiry about Swift Crono clocks they are UK made and come with a sensor which does away with the cable, my ITI speedo still actually works but they look like cheap crap,   

Rossi, is your V11 an early white face Veglia, or later black face ITI?

(consider adding a year-model to your profile for all to see.  :) )

Either way, the internal gear drive has likely played up and can only be repaired by a full disassembly and the correct spare part(s).

If you're just looking for temporary speedo solution that you're not going to throw away, consider using a hand-held GPS. I have an older Garmin GPS 60-series and a RAM mount on the bars. You can choose what data fields to show on the screen, including MPH, trip meter, time of sunset, etc.

Might be nice to have a map on the handlebars for your trip too.

All interesting stuff this- great info!

I just got back from a Scotland trip, bike ran sweet as a nut all the way round :mg:

As I was a-heading back south, I went the scenic route thru alston and buttertubs etc etc (so, so recommended), I lost the tacho, odometer and speedo all in the space of 10 miles...  Quite novel not knowing how fast you're going!  Heh!

Got the bike home, on the stand, full clean down, new tyres + bearings, everything greased up like a piggy, clox turned out to have various broken wires plus a puddle sitting in there....

'That'll be the problem then', I thought, 'Sod it, I'm off for a clock-less spin on my new tyres anyways'.

Dropping her off the stand the weight falls weird and over she goes. :angry:  Cnut.

The clock housing catches on my workshop stand and smashes it up.  I thinks that'd be irony right there.

Soooo, I'm in the market for a new set-up methinks.

Stew

+1 on GPS for instrumentation. Plus it gives you that space for the useless Vagueliar for more important things. :whistle:

IMG_0065.jpg

• Like 3

I changed out the whole kit and caboodle. See
http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17811&hl=cabernet

Not quite sure where you are, but I plan to be at the Newcott chippy, by "Lynn Ravens" café on Pree's Heath on Thursday evening sometime between 19:30 and 20:30 on the V11. If you want to come and snoop around a bit, fill your boots.

I can't see your posted pix on that thread, got a working link at all?
If I get done in time this Thursday, I'll bob over to have a squint at them in person.