New V11 Cafe Sport

moto fugazzi

So I picked up this bad boy a few weeks ago in Battle Creek, and not much has gone smoothly getting it done. Oil filter was practically glued into place, dash light bulb holders shorted out on me, and so on.

This bike was in storage for about 5 years, and was much dirtier than it appeared once I started taking parts off. Normally, I don't name bikes, but "Dirty Bear" seems to fit well.

Phase 1 is complete, and I will be starting on phase 2 when I have time and the weather is bad. Thanks to Docc for the tank off maintenance  list, as it helped me stay on track. Thanks to others that have posted over the years with various tips and tricks (especially Kiwi Roy), so that I could find answers to my issues in a hurry. 

I've done so much to this bike, that I can't even keep track of it anymore. This bike runs way stronger, and much smoother than my 2001 V11S. 

Here's all of the pics I have so far on photo bucket, if anyone wants to scroll through them. 

Ken

http://s286.photobucket.com/user/ksiegel7/library/V11%20Cafe?sort=6&page=1

Before:

IMG_6261_zpsmemmk4b3.jpg

After:

IMG_6395_zps7ecq5i3m.jpg

• Like 1

I had a little pinging on my first ride (2-3k RPM), but that was with a mixture of 5 yr. old and new gas. I'll know for sure this weekend when I can take it to work with fresh gas and flog it some. If it still pings, at least I can get rid of it.

Ken

I've done so much to this bike, that I can't even keep track of it anymore. This bike runs way stronger, and much smoother than my 2001 V11S. 

Here's all of the pics I have so far on photo bucket, if anyone wants to scroll through them. 

Ken

http://s286.photobucket.com/user/ksiegel7/library/V11%20Cafe?sort=6&page=1

That is awesome. Fantastic work. You've been crazy-busy. It's fun to have an obsession... er, I mean, a hobby...

Love it.

And the Bear will love you back for saving it from the sad life before you.

Great job Ken and I love the front mismatched rotors  :notworthy:

Really nice!  I've got a set of those pannier racks- they're well good.  The soft panniers are great too, if not particularly waterproof, with a real sweet latch system.

I see the alt cover's been painted; that's on my list too!

Stew

• Like 1