Brand new Guzzi owner... please chime in !

Cobra23

First, the factory grounding location is to the gearbox inboard of the seat latch release, but not bolted under the seat release. If found under the seat latch itself, it should be moved to the gearbox.

Also, sounds like your beauty would benefit from a complete tune up. Start with valve adjustment and fresh plugs. Download guzzidiag and get the three cables you need to set the TPS and interface with the ECU. This will allow you to zero the CO fuel trim and set the idle opening of the throttle.

You'll need a way to balance the throttle bodies (Hg sticks/manometer/ "TwinMax" etc.). Clean your air bypass screws and turn them out a full turn.

Defaulting your idle speed to the high side generally makes the lumpy cam happier at idle. :thumbsup:

I have the twinmax. This sounds like a good winter project... still a little spooked by the ECU business, I have done carb sync, and many many vale adjustments, but never got into the weird science of ECU's.

Where can i find the Guzzidiag?

Guzzi people are so cool, I called an outfit to buy some exhaust gaskets, the cross pipe is loose and rattling. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with the parts guy, he was very knowledgeable. He finally says "have you tried tightening the clamps on the midpipe?" I says Nope. So he says well try that first. Wow a Jap bike parts guy would have been glad to sell me an entire exhaust system to fix the problem. 

I came home and checked the clamps... yup they were loose. Problem solved !

• 4 weeks later...

Bike went in to the shop to get the forks serviced and new tires front and rear.

One of the front brake rotors seems to be warped, what other bikes use this same rotor?

Seems really hard to find rotors of decent quality for it, and I am certain perhaps Ducati uses same rotor on one of its models.

Bike went in to the shop to get the forks serviced and new tires front and rear.

One of the front brake rotors seems to be warped, what other bikes use this same rotor?

Seems really hard to find rotors of decent quality for it, and I am certain perhaps Ducati uses same rotor on one of its models.

My 2003 Ducati 1000ss uses the same rotors as my V11 Sport. I have aftermarket Wave rotors on both. Very common fittment, suits many other model of ducati and others as well.

Ciao

I think it was on this forum that someone mentioned flicking the ignition on/off a couple of times to engage the fuel pump twice for added benefit??  Dunno...

The reason this has an effect is because every time you power up the ECU it runs through the fuel pump prime cycle and also squrts a shot of fuel through the injectors. So the engine gets two shots of fuel down the intakes insted of 1. 

Best to pull the fuel pump relay if your working on the bike and have the ignition on  and off a lot. 

Ciao