Looking at a 2000 V11 Sport

Antiquar

They look great in silver. Black's lovely too. Always liked the green ones as well.... Heck they're all pretty!

Soaking the peg in wd40 or 3-in-1 over-night could free it off, and give the rear caliper a damn good strip n clean.

Congrats! She looks awesome. Docc will be along shortly telling of the many virtues of silver red frames....

Silver Red Frame Sports are the "Ur" V11. All others are descendants, and have thus inherited all of the excellent characteristics of the breed. Of course, there are some....er.....quirky qualities, but never mind those. They get lost in the howling.

• Like 1

She is less fond of the bike than me.

She prefers you over the bike? That's not so bad...  :whistle:

Or perhaps she finds it to be a less than ideal passenger vehicle...  My wife rode on mine once (and only once). Then she bought a Triumph T-shirt, which she's been wearing a lot lately, including today.

She is less fond of the bike than me.

She prefers you over the bike? That's not so bad...  :whistle:

Or perhaps she finds it to be a less than ideal passenger vehicle...  My wife rode on mine once (and only once). Then she bought a Triumph T-shirt, which she's been wearing a lot lately, including today.

lol. It looks better with the cowl, anyway. My gf doesn't wear any Triumph shirts, but she sure likes the Tiger. She insists I buy a heated saddle before our next trip. I will probably oblige her. :)

Tach needle "jumping":   The gound wires for each gauge on my LeMans were very shoddy.  I'm surprised my tach and gauge lights worked at all...Had to improvise better grounding while I was in there looking at another Veglia issue!

Tach needle "jumping":   The gound wires for each gauge on my LeMans were very shoddy.  I'm surprised my tach and gauge lights worked at all...Had to improvise better grounding while I was in there looking at another Veglia issue!

Interesting. Did you have the broken ground stud I've been reading about?

Also, can someone point me to the frame grounding point for the instruments?

Instruments ground back the the battery through the harness (loom). Relay function (both #1 and especially #2) affect the tach. Start there. Inspect and reset Fuse #5.

Service all the connectors you can get your hands on. Tighten the terminal stack on the battery. Clean, tighten, and seal the main battery>gearbox ground. Add an engine ground strap to the regulator case.

Clean and restore your ignition switch . . .

After that . . . it's into the Tank Off Maintenance Checklist, realizing it could be an internal tach problem.

Since the driveline is a stressed member, there are really no "frame grounding points."  I've added them to my Sport, and retorquing the frame and subframe fasteners may be helpful.

I did a valve job over my lunch hour today (working from home has its advantages :)). The valves were set at the 0.10/0.15mm US spec, but I opened them up to 0.15/0.20. The bike starts a little easier now.

The most time consuming part of the job was reseating that damn rubber grommet on the alternator cover--definitely a job for 3 hands.

Waiting for delivery of my TPS breakout harness to do a TB sync. Fun stuff.

The most time consuming part of the job was reseating that damn rubber grommet on the alternator cover--definitely a job for 3 hands.

For future reference - you do not need to remove the alternator cover. If you can get the rear wheel off the ground, you can put the transmission in gear and turn the engine over by turning the rear wheel.