Where to get chips ecu performance parts?

Colorobo

Mine has a PC IV in it, all tuned and runs good.  The previous owner had it dialed in and I'm not going to fix what ain't broke.  

However, the big deal now is GuzziDiag.  Using your PC to remap the ECU.  There many off the shelf tunes that can be downloaded.

Any way, just check it out on Wild Guzzi.  All you need is a cable and a laptop.  And a little more skill than I have.

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=69168.0

Mine has a PC IV in it, all tuned and runs good.  The previous owner had it dialed in and I'm not going to fix what ain't broke.  

However, the big deal now is GuzziDiag.  Using your PC to remap the ECU.  There many off the shelf tunes that can be downloaded.

Any way, just check it out on Wild Guzzi.  All you need is a cable and a laptop.  And a little more skill than I have.

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=69168.0

Well, three cables . . .  

I looked for a post that links all three, but can't seem to find it right now.

I'm all in favor of changing out the early LaFranconi exhaust canisters. They are heavy and rather restrictive. Pretty much anything else sounds better (to my ears).

At the risk of being a bona fide shitgibbon (for which I have have other irreputable credentials), I still don't understand why so many feel that they had-to-have a Power Commander or must remap their ECU.

The tuning parameters on these non-Lambda (no O2 sensors) V11 are well known, approachable, and likely to give excellent results.

If you, for some reason, can't get the results you hope with an ordinary "tune-up," by all means go in deeper.

So Docc, yer saying you can get there with the stock ecu? (with free flowing cans)

by 'there' I mean, runs right.

by 'right' I mean, close to normal mileage, nice color plugs, and sans cough, spit, hick-up. oh, and you don't actually lose power.

With carb'd bikes, if you open the pipe, you up jet the carb. Easy pleasy, tweak till you get it right. The more recent FI'd bikes I've had, you open the pipe, and buy the correlating chip or ecu. These days a bit better throttle response is appreciated, but I really want to just uncork the thing.

apologies to the OP.  Colorobo, I hope some of this is helpful.

I'm not saying my 100,000 mile bike is *perfect*, but it is hard to imagine it could be made much better by (re)mapping.

Without properly performing the "tune-up" over a series of intervals (4,000 mile/6.500 km, but no more than 6,000mi/10.000km), it seems rather blindly hopeful that some digitization will forgive overlooking the tuning parameters.

I suppose I should divulge my config . . .

2000 V11 Sport: 99,050 miles/ Guzzi "off-road only" (Mistral) cf round cans, evap delete; K&N filter in stock airbox with enlightened (yin) intake snorkels; various elec-trickeries; controversial low-mass engine temp sensor holder;  0.006"/0.008" valve lash with slightly high idle and zero-ethanol fuel (when available); CO trim zero.

So, yeah, I'm saying it can be done without modifying the mapping. Out on a limb here, then. Heretical, i know. :o

One of my long standing theories (unfounded and totally unsupportable) is that the US bikes weren't "mapped" for the awful LaFranconi EPA canisters and these bikes run better with proper cans.

Any *proper* cans . . .

15M is a fairly simple 'Linear' type device so a PC-3 will work OK with it if installed by someone who knows what hey are doing. 15-RC will only behave if you turn off the Lambda. You can leave it on and try a sensor fooler but they are still an un-necessary piece of bollocks.

Once you get on to the W5AM you open up a whole new can of worms as it is a far from simple 'Linear' device and combine this on the 8V with its odd cam timing and head design mix in an abject ignorance of internal combustion engine design/operation and the constant reciting of the mantra of 'But it's made by a multi million dollar company' and you're really on a hiding to nothing.

Pete

• Like 1

The Guzzi factory Titanium kit comes with full open cans and matching mapped ecu.(racing only haha) You still have to do a few tweaks according to the enclosed instructions. Guzzi doesn't make them any longer so they're very hard to find, and kinda pricey.

My bone stock LeMans is the one bike I've had that runs and sounds good enough to leave just as it is. IF I could resist the urge!

I'd recommend riding it as it is for awhile, then consider starting with Docc's suggestions. He's put a lot of miles on his trusty V11.