2001 Greenie purchase?

BigBlock

Have been looking at this 2001 V11 Greenie to purchase and just thought I could get some feedback on it.  Its got 60,000 km (40,000 miles) on it. Mileage might be a little high but I know Guzzi's just get better with miles.  Has had all factory updates including gearbox recall at 20,000 km.  I figure with this mileage a lot of the quirks should be sorted out. The owner is asking $5000 but flexible on the price.

New fuel pump, filter, battery and starter solenoid. New Brembo rotors and pads. 

Comes with Teckno semi hard pannier kit and custom hard panniers.  Centre stand, heated grips and other goodies. 

00J0J_6lRECKuBBhr_600x450.jpg

00f0f_3XcSYmi5Qaq_600x450.jpg

00000_76ojouQfeJF_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

Go for it BigBlock ... I'm biased (for obvious reasons) but believe the greenies will become most collectable. 60 K is barely broken in! Those cans look interesting - definitely not stock ... any idea what make? The Teckno bags work well - but custom hard bags sound interesting.

I'd pitch it closer to $4,500 based on your description ... but for a knowledgeable (and honest) evaluation - give Gord in Chilliwack (motorocycles - formerly Valley Yamaha) a call and tell I sent you ... that's where I purchased my greenie)

Gio

• Like 1

Remove them - ship to me, and I'll send you a pair of stock MG (with almost no miles on them) ... in return! It's a semi-serious question ... always liked the Staintunes.

Say hi to Gord - as you may know - he's a fellow greenie - has two of them now I believe)

Cheers!

I'll have to get the bike first and listen to it, but hey you never know. ;)  Yeah he does have 2 Greenies now.  The second one he snagged was one I looking at, but he got it first. He's fast. :lol:

It looks like a nice bike for a reasonable price, especially considering the accessories. At that mileage, I think you are right that the quirks will be probably be gone. If it hasn't had a new clutch, you might want to factor that into what you are willing to pay.  If you were inclined to wait, you could probably find one of the Ohlins-equipped models for that price or a bit more. If you care about collectibility, the greenie and the Ohlins bikes seem like good bets. Lots of ifs... and one more... if you love it, go get it.

Are those Canadian dollars?  If so, replace "reasonable price" above with "smokin' deal."

Yes - he know's what he's doing! Seriously - the stock cans look great, and have a much deeper sound than the Mistrals I have been running - if you buy the bike (and I hope you do) and still interested in trading ... just let me know!

Cheers and best of luck!

Gio

Scud, I put his price in US dollars, works out to about $6500 CDN.  The 2001 V11 comes with the two plate clutch, correct?  Gio, I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Yup, any greenie should have the standard 2-plate, clutch and flywheel. Only special models (Rosso Mandello, Scura, and Tenni) had the "special" single-plate clutch/flywheel, which I assume you've read about.

Going to look/buy it tomorrow (the bike is 200 miles from where I live) but bringing a trailer with me, because I know it's coming home with me!!. :grin:   Details and pics to follow.

• Like 2