Guzzi considers return to racing

ScuRoo

Thanks for posting.   I crossed posted this on Wild Guzzi.

Personally I'd like to see a Guzzi LeMans sportsbike based on the RSV4.  More displacement, milder tune in Sports Touring package.  

They could split the racing between Aprilia and Guzzi depending on the series.  

boy, was that a mistake.

Thanks for posting.   I crossed posted this on Wild Guzzi.

Personally I'd like to see a Guzzi LeMans sportsbike based on the RSV4.  More displacement, milder tune in Sports Touring package.  

They could split the racing between Aprilia and Guzzi depending on the series.  

boy, was that a mistake.

Heh - welcome back, buddy! ;)

I would love to see Guzzi back in racing. I still remember when they were running private efforts here in the USA, winning in Pro Twins and Endurance series. But I am not holding my breath.

I don't mind if they use technology from Aprilia, but if they just re-badge an Aprilia as a Guzzi with only cosmetic differences I want nothing to do with that.

Now, a sideways V4 from Aprilia in a Guzzi sportbike / racer, I would buy one in a heart beat.

I am not a stick in the mud that feels Guzzi should only make what it is currently making. A V4, a 3 cylinder, a parallel twin, even a single, whatever. As long as it is really a Guzzi and it works reasonably well. No badge engineering.

But they don't listen to me......

If they did they the MGS01 would not have gone away....