centre stands

Tim

I'm assuming all the responses to my query re centre stands are about paddock type stands - are there any conventioanl centre stands available for the V11 that bolt to the bike?

Tim

The photo I posted was for a "shop" or "paddock" stand, but Carl's response, and my request for more photos is for a true "center stand" attached to the bike.

TLM makes a center stand, but I've only seen a couple close-up photos of it installed on a Sport1100, and was hoping we could get a set of photos from different angles.

al

Thanks Neovo/Biesel ^_^

...however, these are the same photos we've had posted here before, and I(and others) are really hoping to get some other photos from afar, the rear, above, etc... in the down and stowed(up) positions.

These close-ups posted, while also very valuable, don't provide quite the perspective(s) many of us were hoping to see before making a buying decision :huh2:

So if anyone has any others, that would be great ;)

al

All,

I'll be tomorrow at TLM to pick up a new Scura engine, so tell me what you need. I don'understand the problem, or you want a centerstand because you have a practical urge for it, fi heavy touring bags or something like that, or you like to take wheels out everywhere. In that case you don't care that it is totally invissible.

Is there any center stand for Ghezzi-Brian ? :grin:

No sorry just joking :bier:

I have a paddock stand for each of my bikes, really usefull.

For the Daytona i have bought the stand from Ducati dealer also around 100 EUR.

Not the same one than TLM , you put it on the swing arm but it works fine. :luigi:

All,

I'll be tomorrow at TLM to pick up a new Scura engine, so tell me what you need. I don'understand the problem, or you want a centerstand because you have a practical urge for it, fi heavy touring bags or something like that, or you like to take wheels out everywhere. In that case you don't care that it is totally invissible.

:lol:

I don't even know that I want one for sure, but I did find the center stand on my FJ quite useful. But then again, I've gotten quite used to the LeMans not having one, and using the factory paddock stand :huh2:

But that being said, I'd love to see the stand installed from a variety of perspectives, both down and stowed.... especially some shots from the side and rear from "afar" as well as in close.

al

The original question was " Anyone know whether centre stands are available for the V11?"

I have a swingarm stand, a front stand and a hydraulic lift and I have a center stand on my Sport 1100i as well. Of all of these, only the center stand can go with me wherever I ride my bike and does so with no fuss whatsoever. So, whether you have all of these other fine pieces of equipment or not, the only real answer is that yes, there is a at least one after market stand available, and it is vastly superior to carrying a paddock stand on the back of your bike. :D

I'm not sure I understand all of the necessity for pictures in detail. It's not a particularly obtursive unit visually and it isn't that difficult to install. The only question is whether it will clear whatever crossover you have on your particular bike. That is a question best posed to TLM. I doubt that there are pictures of the stand installation for all of the various crossovers, but the stand should clear most of the crossover types. The Quat D is right out though.

You might try www.mgnoc.com

This is a subscription monthly newsletter. If you don't belong, you should. Maybe you know someone who subscribes he can give you a copy.

This lift is essentially a parallelegram frame that is powered by a floor jack or a scissors jack. You just roll the bike onto the lift, strap the bike down, operate the jack and up the bike goes. I second his recommendation of using jackstands to support the lift for safety sake.

The designer of the lift, Russ Rasmussen, can be contacted at

rrasmuss@mail.crk.umn.edu

I would dearly love to have a centerstand for my bike but money is tight right now.

This lift is essentially a parallelegram frame that is powered by a floor jack or a scissors jack. You just roll the bike onto the lift, strap the bike down, operate the jack and up the bike goes. I second his recommendation of using jackstands to support the lift for safety sake.

Thanks very much for that information. I'll look into that, as it sounds like an interesting idea, and I'll also consider joining MGNOC.

Mike

I'm not sure I understand all of the necessity for pictures in detail.

I guess it is just winter and we have too much time on our hands.