No Start in Nashville

Moto Murphy

Docc,

It looks like you have taken the screws out of the fuse holder, that's not necessary just grab the fuse block wiggle and pull it will pop out of the grommets. 

I found that out after trying in vain to undo the screws, I got mad and wrenched it out, "so that's how you are supposed to do it"

Docc,

It looks like you have taken the screws out of the fuse holder, that's not necessary just grab the fuse block wiggle and pull it will pop out of the grommets. 

I found that out after trying in vain to undo the screws, I got mad and wrenched it out, "so that's how you are supposed to do it"

That's great to know! At some point, I *ruint* the rearward fastener or its attachment struggling to get them out . . . :blush:

WOW, I had no idea that I would start such a thread! Docc and all you other folks have been a GREAT help. I realize that I found the proper forum on my first try. I now have a V11 that starts each time I press the start button. But, there are still problems yet to be solved. I can hardly wait until the next warm day without rain to go out and let this BIG DOG eat!

Thanks to all of you that have thrown your helpful hat into the ring . Next on my list is a new oil filter and oil change, new plugs, and a set of Pilot Roads. Yes, docc told me which type of oil and filter to use.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I want to Thank Scud for selling me the 2 side plates. I found what seems to be a very good place to purchase parts. The website is www.motointernational.com . They have parts catalogs for any type of Guzzi that I can think of. I found all the parts I need to mount my side plates with (new parts). I also got 2 valve cover gaskets so I can adjust the valves. If this is a website that everyone already knows about then I guess I'm just "late to the party".

+1 on Moto International. Good folks, well organized, knowledgeable, and home of Dave Richardson (author of Guzziology).

People have asked where I get parts for my (odd) motorbike. "Why, from my local dealer in Seattle, Washington." (They're 2,400 miles away . . . :rolleyes:

There are other great sources in the US as well (not all are "official dealers").

Good to hear you've got it going on, Moto Murphy! :thumbsup:

I want to Thank Scud for selling me the 2 side plates. I found what seems to be a very good place to purchase parts. The website is www.motointernational.com . They have parts catalogs for any type of Guzzi that I can think of. I found all the parts I need to mount my side plates with (new parts). I also got 2 valve cover gaskets so I can adjust the valves. If this is a website that everyone already knows about then I guess I'm just "late to the party".

:grin: Yeah. :mg:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, all has gone according to plan . Ok not exactly. After many messages to DOCC I can say that my 2002 v11 Lemans runs like a scalded dog. I had a wrench made to remove the cap over/under the oil filter. I removed the tank, wired together the clutch safety switch, installed a new fuel filter, adjusted the valves, new spark plugs, cleaned and re-charged the K & N air filter, new oil filter and new Syn 50 oil, and lastly, removed the baffles. That last thing might get me in BIG trouble! It starts each and every time I push the start button. I also bought the gray side panels from scud, thanks again on those scud. Now, if the weather would just get a bit better.

I can't believe the difference these little items can make. It's such a big change in the way this beast gets down the road. I will say, the old plugs were gapped very badly and the oil was as black as tar.

:mg:

• Like 2