crash bars

Guest MaryJane

Guest MaryJane

Do crash bars exist for v11 sports? If so, where might I find them. Have snooped around the internet and can't find them or even photos of bikes with them.

Guest captain nemo

Mary Jane,

Welcome. If you live anywhere near Lake Tahoe you are pretty darn lucky. That is the most beautiful territory in the world. I used to live in Marin County above San Francisco. Spent some time in Reno and Truckee areas - went skiing a lot. I love the smell of the place in the summer. Sweet. What a place to ride!

There is a guy here with your bike - Bill Hagan. You might also email him from the member list with any questions about the 'Billybob.' (that's what we call it) He'd love to hear from you....he loves his Billybob and he loves girls...... :bike:

Guest MaryJane

Captn Nemo,

Sorry, but maryjane is an just an old nickname from way back... i'm a dude. Hope Bill Hagen isn't too disappointed!

However, my wife is now pressing to get a guzzi (after riding mine recently) maybe she can get on this forum and give a female side of things.

She's trying to make a grab for my Billabio but i think a new Le Mans with a custom lowered seat for her seems a better idea.

We live east of Fresno near Shaver Lake. Wet and sandy curves is what prompted the inquiry about crash bars... hope i won't ever need them, but ya never know!!

By the way, we have a place up near Mendocino also and can't wait to ride up there soon. I'm sure you know the area... let me know of any favorite rides up there.

loves girls......

– you need to put your Captain Nemo glasses on again

you should have suspected from his 'fanatical golfer' post that there was something a bit odd about 'Mary Jane'.

Guest captain nemo

Wait, you're from Ireland, you probably don't know Janet Reno. Well, she was a real hot babe who used to work for Pres. Clinton. What a piece of ass!

Yeah, and golf balls have a smooth complexion. :rolleyes:

MJ, check into some deeper cylinder head guards. They're available from several sources including Joe Kenny. They do a nice job of protecting the heads in a rub ( gon't ask me how I know). just do a search for cylinder head guards on this forum.

Looks like the Billabio ranks are growing. I guess we'll all have to clean up our act. :bier:

MJ

There is not too much foam in a V11 Lemans seat to begin with. There is little room to lower it and still have enough foam to provide comfort. Please have your wife keep that in mind when checking out the bike. You could lower it perhaps 1/2", but that is all.

Guest MaryJane

My thanks to Beisel and Jaap. Those seem to be what i'm looking for.

My wife's Bonneville is one inch shorter than the v11 and is more stable at stops for her. Can a seat be made to bring the seating position down by an inch or more? maybe a bit lower and a bit narrower.

My wife's Bonneville is one inch shorter than the v11 and is more stable at stops for her. Can a seat be made to bring the seating position down by an inch or more? maybe a bit lower and a bit narrower.

The problem is that the battery is underneath the fron end of the seat

and has to be relocated or switch out for a smaller one.

It's easy to lower the battery about 1/2" ( 12 mm ) by moving the carrier under the frame it's mounted to. It only requires grinding off the forward corners of the carrier basket.

Never read a fanatical golfer post. Even if I did, isn't Janet Reno a golfer?

Maybe, but you've just got to be suspicious of golfers.

Those Swedish 'snowbikes' would be good on a golf course.

TX Redneck should try it out and report back.