Q about Rear Rack mounting

bbolesaz

Hi, I'm considering purchasing and installing this rear rack on my Scura.

http://www.harpermoto.com/rear-rack-moto-guzzi-v11-sport-naked-le-mans-from-01-cafe-sport-ballabio-scura-coppa-italia.html

If anyone is familiar with this, where are the mounting points?   Is it only the 4 bolts on the muffler/pillion peg hanger?  Or is there a mounting point at the rear of the bike?

TIA.

Wups, sorry buddy, it mounts to the footrest hangers.

Iirc there's a 5 kilo limit stickum on it... but as i am a cheeky egg, i must've put about 6-7 in it with no adverse effects.

Many thanks stewgnu !  I'm looking for something I can bungee a bag of clothes to for the occasional rally.  I figure with only 4 bolts on the hangers, I'll leave it off most of the time and just bolt it up when I need it.

I have one, it's not as ugly in real life as it is in photos, and has the advantage of being compatible with the H&B top cases. I've definitely loaded it with more than 5kg worth of junk with no adverse effects.

The Guzzi racks are labled 3 kg. max.

I have  used  a  tail bag when packed 10-12 lbs.with no issues. :oldgit:

I bet I could take off the seat fairing and lay my 30L Kriega back there... Hmmm...

The Guzzi racks are labled 3 kg. max.

I have  used  a  tail bag when packed 10-12 lbs.with no issues. :oldgit:

I bet I could take off the seat fairing and lay my 30L Kriega back there... Hmmm...

Yep, that's the way I camp with the Mighty Scura. Tent, sleeping bag, etc. tied to my 3Kg Guzzi rack  :rolleyes: and rear seat.