Seat Release

nwrider

I've run into my first issue with a new to me 04 Ballabio.   The seat release doesn't seem to work.  When the key is turned, the helmet lock moves down, however, there's no resistance indicating a cable is attached to the lock mechanism and, not surprisingly, the seat latch doesn't release.   Is there an easy way to get the seat latch to release?  Perhaps by using a screwdriver up under the fender some way?

Any suggestions would be welcome!

TIA John

Thanks!  Only MG would put a separate helmet lock -- all of my previous GUZZI's had only one lock and the riders manual makes no reference to it.  It didn't help that my MG Norge was parked so close to the right that I never approached from that side.  OK no more excuses!!!

John

Now you can remove the helmet lock - without messing up the seat lock.

What's wrong with the helmet lock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you can remove the helmet lock - without messing up the seat lock.

What's wrong with the helmet lock?

Too shiny.  :ninja:

Yeah - some people use helmet locks. I always take my helmet with me. And the seat lock tab makes a good mounting point for a remote shock preload adjuster.

IMG_5863.jpg

My K75s helmet lock and seat lock are both operated by the same key - so it gets to stay on the bike.

• Like 1

Yeah - some people use helmet locks. I always take my helmet with me. And the seat lock tab makes a good mounting point for a remote shock preload adjuster.

My K75s helmet lock and seat lock are both operated by the same key - so it gets to stay on the bike.

What does the shock thing do that sits above the starter?

Doesn't the same key work on your Guzzi? Mine does.

What does the shock thing do that sits above the starter?

Adjusts the shock's compression damping. As I recall it only affects the low speed inputs. High-speed compression (pot holes, road seams, etc.) are built into the valving and not adjustable. Setting the *clicks*  1/2 way should provide 75% of the compression damping (REF: Peter Verdone).

On the original Sachs-Boge, rebound damping is adjusted with the anodized blue knurled knob on the shock shaft (same: 1/2 the *clicks*: 3/4 of the damping). Preload is adjusted using the anodized blue lock rings that are best accessed with the tank and airbox off (read: *not very accessible*).

Doesn't the same key work on your Guzzi? Mine does.

I wasn't clear, sorry. Yes the same key works everything on the Guzzi. But the Guzzi has two locks - one for seat and one for helmet. My BMW has a single lock that works the helmet lock and unlocks the seat - which is probably what nwrider was used to.