LED Brake Light Bulb

swooshdave

This might be the cheapest and easiest way to wake up those cagers.

I picked this up off eBay. The last one I got from superbrightleds was twice as much and not as bright.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291936498074

docc edit/ link update 4/2022: https://www.ebay.com/itm/331016499391?epid=1559123411&hash=item4d121ef0bf:g:3EgAAOSwhedhk~FI

69aec5aa7b9fa9640c8a8940d93dae45.jpg

7f1cae3759cc4ead64c9b8b2a2437f9f.jpg

9dfef635c8b44463a87dcffc4ebfc61d.jpg

7daf856125d730ae9afad93195030609.jpg

https://youtu.be/jIn2g3c38PI

Crap this is bright. No way some half-awake-haven't-had-my-coffee driver is going to miss this.

Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm due to upgrade lighting on my funky, old Sport. Thanks for posting this option.

I still can't figure out how to mount a Mars light and the horns that go with it . . . .

500px-F7_Read_Headlight.jpg

But I want to . . .

I don't think I'd want one that flashed. Not sure why really. When I'm behind a car with them it's like being shouted at. Kinda like the people who drive with the flashers on. I'm sure that's the point, and is an extra step for safety. I just don't want to do it. I do like the super bright led idea though and will pursue that, along with some louder horns. If it's that bright, maybe that's enough? Modulating headlights bug me too. <_>

Portland drivers don't see as many bikers as drier parts of the country and are less attentive when you are around. If I could tow around a marching band I doubt it would get their attention. While I don't like the flashing headlights I don't mind flashing someone my brake lights. Today was ironically the first time that I rode with the new brake light and it was nice to see people keeping back when I was braking. I saw the same thing when switching to a LED headlight on my other bikes. It's different so they pay better attention.

Flashing brake lights are illegal from the federal DOT standpoint.  AFAIK they are explicitly illegal in some states also. That said, I've never heard of anyone in Zonie land getting a hassle about them.

Flashing brake lights are illegal from the federal DOT standpoint. AFAIK they are explicitly illegal in some states also. That said, I've never heard of anyone in Zonie land getting a hassle about them.

I'll worry about if I ever get pulled over by a fed. :-)

Do tell us about your led headlight experience swoosh. Some here have done led swaps and I'm still not sure which way to go.

http://www.accessnorton.com/led-headlight-t21426.html#p301949

I'm not sure where I posted the Guzzi one. I thought it was on Wild Guzzi but I can't find it.

Edit: I posted to the MGNOC Facebook Group. The Wild Guzzi guys get a little weird about LED headlights.

That was more recent than the Norton one.

• 4 weeks later...

I just mounted this LED tail/brake light. I forgot about the flash function, but am really glad to have it!  I added a length of metalized (shiny silver surface) duct tape in the bottom of the tail light lens to reflect as much light out of the lens as possible.

Thanks for posting this Swoosh! :thumbsup:

Now to find a *comparable* headlamp unit . . . :whistle:

If you install LED turn signals and find all four flash at once it's the little dash light cross connecting left and right, easy fixed by adding a pair of diodes and connecting one side of the lamp to chassis (black wire)

Left----->|-------\ 

|--------- Lamp ---------Chassis

Right --->|------/

• Like 1